Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Fog Light Help.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fog Light Help.

I have bought a stock bumper with the tow hooks and the holes for foglights. To replace my bumer that has none of that. I am wondering if anyone knows if the wiring is on my Jeep to plug in the fog light assembly? I have read PiginaJeeps bumper removal write up. But haven't actually done it yet. I want to wait until I found out about the wiring. Here is the picture from Piginajeep's write up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doubtful... i think they try to be as conservative as possible, so if they were included, the wiring probably isn't there. you might be able to get the wire kit from a dealer, but dunno...

you can also just as easly hook them up like a set of KC lights with some toggle switch on the dash. Then you wouldn't suffer like the rest of us and have your fogs turn off when the hi-beams go on.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
doubtful... i think they try to be as conservative as possible, so if they were included, the wiring probably isn't there. you might be able to get the wire kit from a dealer, but dunno...

you can also just as easly hook them up like a set of KC lights with some toggle switch on the dash. Then you wouldn't suffer like the rest of us and have your fogs turn off when the hi-beams go on.

Cool, thanks for the advice.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wires were not there for my JK. There are wires that run behind the bumper but were ABS, EPS and the like. I created my own harness and wired them through a relay triggered by the low beams.

Mopar has a kit for adding fogs which includes the turnsignal switch for turning the fogs off/on and includes the necessary wiring seems like it was around $200 and came with square fog lights. Not sure if you can buy it without the lights or not.

I didn't do a writeup on my installation, but did take a few pics and could probably help you out if you want something similar to my setup.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hiteck
The wires were not there for my JK. There are wires that run behind the bumper but were ABS, EPS and the like. I created my own harness and wired them through a relay triggered by the low beams.

Mopar has a kit for adding fogs which includes the turnsignal switch for turning the fogs off/on and includes the necessary wiring seems like it was around $200 and came with square fog lights. Not sure if you can buy it without the lights or not.

I didn't do a writeup on my installation, but did take a few pics and could probably help you out if you want something similar to my setup.
That would be great if you could hook me up with some pictures.

THanks!

Quick Reply: Stock Fog Light Help.