Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock JKU Springs vs teraflex performance leving kit springs... will I see lift?

Old 01-18-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock JKU Springs vs teraflex performance leving kit springs... will I see lift?

All, I am looking to unrake my 2014 JKU Sport with the teraflex performance leving kit. currently I'm all stock except rubi-rails, ace side rails. I checked my front spring ratings and they are: 52126317ac, so I assume that means 17 (my first jeep and still learning). Do you think I'll get the advertised 2" lift from my existing brand new springs? For what it's worth, I plan to upgrade eventually to 33's (not 35s). Thank you for any suggestions. Mike
Old 01-18-2014, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I speak from experience when I yes.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did this install and measured an increase of 2"+ in the front and 1.5"+ in the rear. Good to go.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks all!

Did any of you also replace the factory shocks while adding the leveling kit? I was thinking of adding the Blistien 5100's while I have my jeep on the lift. Maybe it's my imagination, but I added rubi rails + ACE sliders and can feel the weight through a rougher ride. Thought that better shocks could help...? thanks for educating the newbie. Mike
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hypoxic1911
Did any of you also replace the factory shocks while adding the leveling kit? I was thinking of adding the Blistien 5100's while I have my jeep on the lift. Maybe it's my imagination, but I added rubi rails + ACE sliders and can feel the weight through a rougher ride. Thought that better shocks could help...? thanks for educating the newbie. Mike
The 5100's will be to long. Your best bet is to use the stock length Bilstein's. I have a set laying around if your looking for them. I had the leveling for while then upgraded to a 2.5" lift.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
The 5100's will be to long. Your best bet is to use the stock length Bilstein's. I have a set laying around if your looking for them. I had the leveling for while then upgraded to a 2.5" lift.
I'm starting to feel like I"m getting into the price range of a 2.5" lift as it is if I were to add shocks. ...I'll let you know if I decide to get them from you. Thank you for clarifying the shock length. Mike
Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hypoxic1911
I'm starting to feel like I"m getting into the price range of a 2.5" lift as it is if I were to add shocks. ...I'll let you know if I decide to get them from you. Thank you for clarifying the shock length. Mike
The leveling kit should run you about 400 and shocks new would be around 300 so 700 total. I good quality 2.5' lift would run around 1,000 minimum all set up properly. Most lifts are cheap enough but you almost always need control arms and track bar towers and etc. to really get want you want for handling out of them. I know I went the road a few times and paid a lot to learn it! If your keeping with 33' tires I would strongly advise you to stick with the leveling kit. The 2.5" would have way to much fender to tire gap.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
The leveling kit should run you about 400 and shocks new would be around 300 so 700 total. I good quality 2.5' lift would run around 1,000 minimum all set up properly. Most lifts are cheap enough but you almost always need control arms and track bar towers and etc. to really get want you want for handling out of them. I know I went the road a few times and paid a lot to learn it! If your keeping with 33' tires I would strongly advise you to stick with the leveling kit. The 2.5" would have way to much fender to tire gap.
Leveling kit it is. I'll probably just stick with the performance leveling kit for now and forego the shocks - I guess I could always change out my shocks later when I get the fund$ if I don't like how the stocks ride. (saving up for a Sunrider soft top this spring!) Thanks again! ...it's nice to have access to a community of knowledgeable jeep owners!

Quick Reply: Stock JKU Springs vs teraflex performance leving kit springs... will I see lift?