Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stupid Computer

Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Computer

So I've got this explosion of dashboard lights, and she doesn't want to start. Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	549418Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips for isolating the problem? BTW, I took this photo while the vehicle was running and while I was driving (I know, not very safe). So there are some pretty alarming things not working here- odometer, speedometer, temp (engine and outside), and of course all the ABS/ESP crap. The engine was running fine mechanically. I fiddle-****ed with some relays, wiring harnesses, and disconnected/reconnected battery to get her to start and drove her 3 miles back home where she sits waiting on some help from my knowledgeable Jeep brethren. I haven't removed the fuse box to look at the computer underneath yet. Does anyone have any troubleshooting recommendations to help me isolate the problem? I appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I've seen this happen with a bad battery. Suggest have it tested.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

If that tests good, pull the TIPM and have a careful look at it. Clean the connectors up and be sure all connections are good. It may be going bad, though.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thx

Thanks Mark. I will test the battery and take a look at tipm. I appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

x2....Have the battery tested!

Quick Reply: Stupid Computer