Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Subwoofer for X

Old 06-15-2007, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer for X

Has anyone installed the mopar or an aftermarket sub on the 2 door jk 'x' model? It never came with a sub but i'm curious if they still wire it for one and if there is mounting holes for it drilled even on the base model.

thx
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the plug under the carpet in the rear corner, but can't find where it terminates under the dash. I don't think I have that half of the wiring harness. I would be nice to use for my air compressor that I plan ou mounting in the rear compartment...
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

I installed a Kenwood amplified sub. it has two six inch woofers. Its sounds great if you listen to rock music. I put my sub in the floor compartment in the rear. Here is the link that I purchased it from:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15508
Old 06-16-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

was there existing wiring back there or did you have to run the wire? where did you hook it to? are there outputs on the deck's in the X model?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

it has speaker level inputs. i ran the speaker inputs from the sub to the right and left speakers in the sound bar. there is a power connection that runs from the sub to the positive battery terminal. there is another connection that needs to be connected to a wire that is only powered when the key is in the on position in the ignition. i connected this wire to a wire that runs to the cigarrete lighter on the left. it took about two hours to install. there is only three wires involved in this whole connection. you dont need to take the radio unit out.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

How did you like the sub? Does it have enough power where you can hear and feel the bass with the top off?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Yea, how good does it sound, i listen to pretty much everything and dont exactly want something crappy (not saying yours is crappy) but i really dont want to spend a wad on a sub

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got an Infinity Basslink that I put in mine (200watt powered 10" sub) It's plenty loud enough with the top up or down and it installs and hooks up the same way the Kenwood does (speaker level inputs, power and ground wire) Sells for about $299 unless you can get one from Crutchfield from their "outlet store" for $199 like I did.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer for X