Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Suspension replacement

Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension replacement

My 2007 JK has 50,000 miles on it and last week I noticed that the right front suspension makes a popping sound (like a hard metal hit or something is loose) when it rolls over a a decent bump. Has anyone experienced this before? Does the suspension need to be replace and if so, what type of after market shocks are the best to replace it with? Or do the steering stabilizers need replacement?

Thank you,

Last edited by Jeepin'; 08-13-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Just off of what you said it sounds like your swaybar link. Go out and lift the bumper up and down and look at your link. You'll probably hear the same thing. The stock swaybar links wear out, get some quick disconnects and replace them yourself, its an easy mod.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Red face

I will check k it out. If it happens to be the sway bar, is it an expensive mod to get a new sway bar with disconnects an d who makes or sells a good set?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin'
I will check k it out. If it happens to be the sway bar, is it an expensive mod to get a new sway bar with disconnects an d who makes or sells a good set?
You buy just the quick disconnect links--your anti-swaybar is probably fine. They are about $125 or so. JKS and Teraflex are popular. I like Teraflex because it includes a storage pin for each link when disconnected (with JKS you zip-tie everything up out of the way). Some prefer JKS because they can be adjusted to perfectly fit your lift height.

Quick Reply: Suspension replacement