Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

These things are pieces of crap.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopN
I think the 99 in spartan99 stands for the year he was born. Everyone just ignore him and mabey he will go away. Children just want attention. Good or bad.
Nice new handle, Anger!

Keep embarrassing yourself!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all cars fail

Bad luck it looks like. All brands have their duds now and again. I have an E63 Merc that has the most incredulous aircon issues and the auto lights turn the satnav on and off on their own schedule.

The problem is how the dealer deals with the problems. In my experience when you buy a very expensive motor a lot of th emoney goes into getting good service when things go wrong
Old 09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

I had a 2007 green JK sahara that was a giant POS - the roof seal leaked into the A-pillar (those of you who don't know what I'm talking about weren't on the forums 3 years ago, because we almost had one category devoted to leaky roofs) and after 4 trips to the dealer I started down the lemon law path myself. Which, by the way, is another giant POS - you have to jump through so many hoops to try and actually file a lemon law claim, with the dealer working against you every step of the way. Not to mention the numerous tsbs like the gas tank problem where it shoots gas out when the gas pump does auto-shutoff, torque converter problem where it felt like the car hit a wall every time it shifted from 1st to 2nd (the worst part is that it was an automatic), etc. Every one of those would have been covered by warranty IF the dealer didn't make it so hard - they finally admitted that the tsbs should be fixed 14 DAYS after my 3yr warranty expired and told me I was going to have to pay for it out of pocket.

So, I traded the jeep in (making the dealer pay for the repairs) and picked up a 2010 green JK sahara

I've got no problem with Spartan bashing the flaws of the JK - lets admit it, we all know these vehicles arent perfect. if they were they'd cost twice as much, and then we'd be bitching about how much more expensive they are. At the same time, you did get a jeep and you had to know that there were some problems there (even before we heard about the workers getting drunk and high on their lunchbreaks) and you'd have to admit that every brand of car has some nagging recurring design flaws. Its the price we pay for driving up mountains in a convertible 4wd.

I've got no problem with Spartan bashing a specific dealership - the first dealership i bought from were money-grubbing whores who had a service department full of undereducated spider-monkeys who could only tell the difference between chocolate and s**t by tasting it. At the same time, just like the jeeps themselves not every dealership is bad - the last one i bought my JK from covers my lift under warranty because they did the work themselves, and their service department is filled with a bunch of hard-core jeepers who work there during the week so they can finance all the work they do on the weekends on their own jeeps.

I will leave you with quotes from two famous people that specifically apply here:
Rodney King: "cant we all just get along?"
David Koresh: "anyone smell smoke?"
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tcorreia
I had a 2007 green JK sahara that was a giant POS - the roof seal leaked into the A-pillar (those of you who don't know what I'm talking about weren't on the forums 3 years ago, because we almost had one category devoted to leaky roofs) and after 4 trips to the dealer I started down the lemon law path myself. Which, by the way, is another giant POS - you have to jump through so many hoops to try and actually file a lemon law claim, with the dealer working against you every step of the way. Not to mention the numerous tsbs like the gas tank problem where it shoots gas out when the gas pump does auto-shutoff, torque converter problem where it felt like the car hit a wall every time it shifted from 1st to 2nd (the worst part is that it was an automatic), etc. Every one of those would have been covered by warranty IF the dealer didn't make it so hard - they finally admitted that the tsbs should be fixed 14 DAYS after my 3yr warranty expired and told me I was going to have to pay for it out of pocket.

So, I traded the jeep in (making the dealer pay for the repairs) and picked up a 2010 green JK sahara

I've got no problem with Spartan bashing the flaws of the JK - lets admit it, we all know these vehicles arent perfect. if they were they'd cost twice as much, and then we'd be bitching about how much more expensive they are. At the same time, you did get a jeep and you had to know that there were some problems there (even before we heard about the workers getting drunk and high on their lunchbreaks) and you'd have to admit that every brand of car has some nagging recurring design flaws. Its the price we pay for driving up mountains in a convertible 4wd.

I've got no problem with Spartan bashing a specific dealership - the first dealership i bought from were money-grubbing whores who had a service department full of undereducated spider-monkeys who could only tell the difference between chocolate and s**t by tasting it. At the same time, just like the jeeps themselves not every dealership is bad - the last one i bought my JK from covers my lift under warranty because they did the work themselves, and their service department is filled with a bunch of hard-core jeepers who work there during the week so they can finance all the work they do on the weekends on their own jeeps.

I will leave you with quotes from two famous people that specifically apply here:
Rodney King: "cant we all just get along?"
David Koresh: "anyone smell smoke?"
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Sorry if this offends but I just gotta do it.

and in the words of Laurence Powell to Rodney King: "Just stay down."
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shoup
Sorry if this offends but I just gotta do it.

and in the words of Laurence Powell to Rodney King: "Just stay down."
No offense taken. Lol I like it.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 AM
JK Newbie

Whinge! whinge!! my Jeep doesnt drive like a car! whinge!! whinge!!! I bought a Jeep just to look cool not use it for what it was intended for ! whinge!! whinge!!! does my butt look big in this! whinge!! whinge!!! People like u whinge all their life. Never enjoy a bright sunny day but keep whinging about the cloudy one u had a month back. Go sell ur Jeep to some one who appreciates it, buy a toyota and whinge on their forum that my accelerator pedal got stuck and the toyota drove off a cliff. Nuff said

The Troll
Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trbn8r
Whinge! whinge!! my Jeep doesnt drive like a car! whinge!! whinge!!! I bought a Jeep just to look cool not use it for what it was intended for ! whinge!! whinge!!! does my butt look big in this! whinge!! whinge!!! People like u whinge all their life. Never enjoy a bright sunny day but keep whinging about the cloudy one u had a month back. Go sell ur Jeep to some one who appreciates it, buy a toyota and whinge on their forum that my accelerator pedal got stuck and the toyota drove off a cliff. Nuff said

The Troll
What the hell is a whinge?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
What the hell is a whinge?
Maybe he has Tourette's.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It's never the owners fault...

The only time my hard top and soft tops leaked was when I put them back on wrong.

My 2008 does have a squeeky clutch but I can live with it.

I have an unlimited plus warranty... everything mechanical and electrical is covered so I ain't concerned.

My Honda Odyssey (which I bought because of Honda's reputation and it was the only mini-van I'd agree to) had the water pump, power steering pump, DVD player, brakes, all four tires and two recalls done on it between 26 and 45 k (good thing I bought the extended warranty on it to cover most of this).

JK has 37k and never replaced anything but fluid... so knock on the wood while out in the sticks...

Quick Reply: These things are pieces of crap.