Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

For Those Who Ordered

Old 05-03-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lease - put $20 down to order. I had the option of either what was offered when I ordered or when it came in, which was the $750 incentive. Plus the dealer gave me the Chrysler Friends & Family Discount --- this was my 4th vehicle from this dealership.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

When I was looking, I went to the dealer in Bangor, Maine with a "build your Jeep" page from the Jeep web site. They didn't have what I wanted, so I left.
A month or so later, they called and said "We have a Jeep for you to look at".
They had ordered exactly what I had "built". My name was even on the window sticker. After establishing they knew that I knew I was under no obligation, I went in and took a look. There was no deposit or paperwork. They took the chance, not me. If I had said no, they wouldn't have had any problem selling it.
The funny part is, after we did all the sales paperwork, I was walking out to my new Jeep and realized I had not handed over a check yet. For a few minutes, I owned a FREE new Jeep Rubicon!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my Rubicon and only put $500 down. I never visited the dealership and used a CC over the phone to place the order. I considered dealers over a six state area and the one that gave me the best price I was ready to order till a dealer about 70 miles from me said he would beat that price. He did by $79. So got the best price and put $500 down over the phone via CC and signed the contract via e-mail. I told the dealer I had my own finiancing and that when I come to pick up the jeep I wanted to be in and out of the finance office ASAP. When I went there I expected the hard sell on extras, extra insurance and whatever ...but they actually had me sign the paperwork and I was out in no more than 10 minutes. Then I got a full demo and was on the road.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

I just need a dealer who will take a 500-1000 dollar deposit. And Set a price at the time of order.

Possible?

The deposit I could give way on, but will dealers be willing sign a purchase agreement 4-8 weeks in advanced, when I order it. I want to know I have the price in stone.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
I just need a dealer who will take a 500-1000 dollar deposit. And Set a price at the time of order.

Possible?

The deposit I could give way on, but will dealers be willing sign a purchase agreement 4-8 weeks in advanced, when I order it. I want to know I have the price in stone.
Yes you will sign a purchase order with the agreed upon price at time of the order
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

this debate is going on in another thread....but how do i order my car....set the price, sign the order and then not get taken to cleaners on financing and trade in value once i return to pick up my ordered car.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

this debate is going on in another thread....but how do i order my car....set the price, sign the order and then not get taken to cleaners on financing and trade in value once i return to pick up my ordered car.
wow now your are ordering a car? its a jeep .....I see you are a glass is half full kind of person

What is it you must have that you cant locate one in stock? there are so many jeeps on lots now its rediculous. You could try and get them to write it up that deposit is refundable if finance and trade it fall through.

ever try this search tool?
http://jktoolz.com/toolz/Default.aspx
Old 05-03-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

I'm only inclined to order, because I think the care for the cars on the lots is sub-par at best. Scratches, dings, dents. nobody else see's that on cars sitting on the lot.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

I'm only inclined to order, because I think the care for the cars on the lots is sub-par at best. Scratches, dings, dents. nobody else see's that on cars sitting on the lot.
Sorry thats pretty funny that you think you are the only one who would notice scratches dings and dents on a car sitting on a lot. Also if you cant find a dealer with 99% of their cars not damaged something is seriously wrong down there in florida.

Maybe start a new thread, who bought a jeep off a lot with scratches dents and dings

I bought mine off a lot and it sure as hell didnt have any of that, and they washed and waxed it when I bought it.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a rubicon. $100 down. I was told I would get the best incentive between what was offered when I ordered and what is available when it comes in. I did a credit report but did not commit to any financing through chrysler. The sales person told me the deposit is 100% refundable at any time by law.

Quick Reply: For Those Who Ordered