Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Throwout bearing clicking....normal?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throwout bearing clicking....normal?

When I release the clutch on my 07 Rubi 6-speed between 1st and 2nd gear, I hear a noticable metallic "click". It's loud enough to hear over the radio or with the windows up.

So.....is this normal? I have 6K miles left on my warranty.....so if it's not I'll be happy to take it in for warranty work
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The syncros on mine click when going into certain gears. That's normal, they all do it, not sure if that's what you're referring to however...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atl JK
The syncros on mine click when going into certain gears. That's normal, they all do it, not sure if that's what you're referring to however...
No, it's not the synchros. It gives a loud metallic click when the clutch is re-engaged after making a shift. Definetly something in the cluch assembly.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:14 AM
jjt
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what did the dealer say? Mine does the same thing, it sounds like a sewing machine but instead of a hum it is a clank.

Quick Reply: Throwout bearing clicking....normal?