Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

thumping noise in door pillar

Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
3-d
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thumping noise in door pillar

Hey has anyone ever had a thumping noise in the pillar between the front and back door when hitting a bump?
Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your door striker is out of adjustment. For a test, wrap some electrical tape around the striker 4 or 5 times and try that. I can almost guarantee this is your culprit, it has been discussed much in the past.
Jim
Old 04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Plastic

I also have a thump or rattle in the drivers side pillar. I pulled the plastic molding off and where it over laps there is a piece or pin that goes into a hole on the metal pillar. It does not seem to be attached there, it just seems to sit in the hole. If you depress the lower piece you will here the rattle. I am going to rap duct or electrical tap around the plastic pin to see if it stops.

If that doesn't work I will check the door. I have put pressure on the door when going over bumps to no avail. So I hope the cheap plastic is the problem.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jameswharton
Your door striker is out of adjustment. For a test, wrap some electrical tape around the striker 4 or 5 times and try that. I can almost guarantee this is your culprit, it has been discussed much in the past.
Jim
hope this helps:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/annoying-noise-problem-4110/

it took a lot of trial and error but for most the noise has gone by moving the striker.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

i have that thump noise every once in a while but ive got the 2dr with the back seat folded up most of the time , i thought it was just the back seat jumping around :confused:

Quick Reply: thumping noise in door pillar