Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Tire rotation, abnormal wear?!

Old 03-30-2013, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire rotation, abnormal wear?!

Hey all,

So I have 33" cooper discovers STT's and I just rotated as them last weekend when I changed my oil. I noticed my front left andddd rear left were wearing on the inside toward the jeep. I'm confused as to how to fix the rear problem and if the front can be solved by simply adjusting the it to toe in?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work for discount tire as a service tech, most of the time when we see uneven wear on the shoulders of the rear tires and there hasnt been a rotation, its a tire defect. if you bought them at one of our stores or tire store other than tire rack, take it back and explain. most of the time we adjust them and send them back to the manufacturer and give you replacements, and also theres a pro-rate, that os basically if its your fault, the place you bought them from will buy back the tire at the price theyd pay you for it on a used trade in based on tread wear and use that ti knock some cash off the replacement tire. get that checked out or call the manufaturer and explain what is going on. other than that, if you think it is vehicle related go get a free inspection and see what the problem is. good luck
Old 03-30-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as the front goes, yes adjusting your toe in should fix this.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles on the tires? First rotation? The rear isn't adjustable, so I don't know why the rear left would only be showing wear. Thrust angle in the rear is the only thing that could be out on the rear, but I would think both tires might show wear if that was the case. Toe is adjustable, but it is total toe so both tires would be toed in or out. If only the front left is showing wear that's odd IMO as both front should show similar wear. If the left rear was on the front and now is on the rear showing inside wear it could be a bent c on the front left axle.

Quick Reply: Tire rotation, abnormal wear?!