Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TPMS sensor dimensions

Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS sensor dimensions

I am in the process of changing my stock 16" steel wheels over to a set of custom aluminum wheels and would like to go with standard valve stems on the new wheels. I was thinking of making a container out of heavy wall pvc pipe and put end caps on the thing, and have a bolt in valve stem on one of the caps. Then I would have the tpms sensors inside the tube, charge it with about 32 poumds of air and set the tube under the seat. This should keep the light off. My question is, does anybody have the dimensions of the body of the tpms sensor to determine if I should use 3" or 4" pvc pipe? I'm asking this before I get the tires changed over to the new wheels so I can have this made up ahead of time. Thank you for any info.

2009 Wrangler X
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only breifly saw them when I had my changed. It think they were about the size of a small box of stick matches. Sorry, the best I can do.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^
They are about the size of a match box, but slightly curved to fit the wheel and then they have about a 1.5" valve stem.

Do you have Superchips FlashPaq, it will allow you to disable the TPMS completely.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies and the info.

tchaap: I don't have the superchips flashpaq YET. I see it does allow you to change the tpms threshold, does it allow you to go all the way to zero? If that's the case, I'll definitely be getting one and bypassing the system that way. I prefer just using a tire gauge to check the air pressure instead of having some sensors telling me when to add air to the tires.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandt65
Thanks for the replies and the info.

tchaap: I don't have the superchips flashpaq YET. I see it does allow you to change the tpms threshold, does it allow you to go all the way to zero? If that's the case, I'll definitely be getting one and bypassing the system that way. I prefer just using a tire gauge to check the air pressure instead of having some sensors telling me when to add air to the tires.
Yes, the newest update for my Flashpaq allows me to drop the tire sensor pressure sensor to zero.

I just did new tires and had the TPMS pieces removed. no light.

Quick Reply: TPMS sensor dimensions