Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TPMS and Tire Pressure and Warning Light

Old 02-21-2021, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TPMS and Tire Pressure and Warning Light

I have set my tire pressure warning at 30 lbs. with my flashcal. Actual tire pressure is 35lbs in all tires. I installed a new Pioneer radio that connects to the obd port and it also shows all four tires on the ground and the tire pressure to be 35 pounds, but it also shows the tires to be red instead of green. I have tried removing the battery for 10 minutes... No change...

Since I am seeing the correct tire pressure on my radio I am assuming the TPMS system is working. I am beginning to think this is a computer issue. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
Russell
Old 02-22-2021, 01:23 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,604 Posts

The low tire alert on the dash isn't lit up right? If it is not, it sounds more like a radio thing than a jeep computer thing to me. I could see the radio doing that if the jeep itself was flagging you with the low pressure alert.

Quick Reply: TPMS and Tire Pressure and Warning Light