Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TPS and EGR

Old 04-04-2019, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS and EGR

Hello, I recently ran a code reader on my Jeep. I had two codes (P0406) which I understand has to do with the EGR system, and also (P0123) which has to do with the TPS. I am not new to car repair, however I still have a lot to learn as I always had help before. I’m trying to figure out how to repair both of these situations. I have been trying to find out about the TPS more recently and cannot find anything pertaining to my JK. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I'd start with replacing the EGR valve and ensuring the new cork gasket has a good seal against the block. I had various throttle position codes when my EGR hose was loose and allowing too much air into the system on the back side of the throttle plate. The silver tube that comes out of the top of the motor snakes back to the EGR valve. Buy a quality piece or you can count on replacing it twice in a month like I've done.

Quick Reply: TPS and EGR