Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Trans problems

Old 01-20-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans problems

Good afternoon everybody,
Here's the issue. I drove through a deep puddle, got stuck, used the clutch. (I know I know. I was in 2hi to try and prove a point).

Anyways. Got home and flushed trans fluid. It was pretty bad. Now, the top 3/4 of the clutch feels dead and it engages and disengages right off the floor. Problems getting in and out of gear I have to be pretty rough with it. If it's in first with the clutch pushed down on the floor and I let off the brake it starts moving forward (on flat surface)

Few questions. Is it possible that it's the slave or master cylinder? I looked at the slave and there seems to be some fluid around it and I haven't driven it in 2 days.

How do I pull off the inspection plate or where is it to see if I'll be installing a center force clutch and new TOB.

By the way, I have a 12 rubi 6 speed and she loves the mud. (Another reason this post exists right now).

Any help would be great. Thank you

Quick Reply: Trans problems