Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Transmission question.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission question.

Hello all! I have a stock JKU with the auto tranny, model year 2010. The other night I noticed a buzz when shifting to reverse or drive. It is an electrical buzz. Does anyone have any ideas on what it may be?
Old 03-14-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not an electrical noise, but mine does make noise going in to drive and reverse. Seems I'm pretty good at bending the little bar running under the exhaust cross over up so it contacts the exhaust. Only takes a couple minutes to beat it back out with a hammer, then I'm good to go until I do it again. Anyway, here is a bump for you. Maybe someone else can help.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I will have to take a look. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the same noise. Only really notice shifting into reverse, done it since new. Both of our company shuttle vans, (99/00 Chrysler vans) do this also and they have as long as we've had them.

Quick Reply: Transmission question.