Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Transmission skid plate recall

Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Transmission skid plate recall

I just got a safety recall notice about the transmission skid plate on my 2010 JKU. They want me to have it replaced with a transmission skid bar because they say the skid plate can collect combustible material and the cat converter could ignite it. Has anyone else gotten this recall notice and is the skid bar as good a protection as the skid plate? I have banged up the skid plates on my rig and don't want to replace a plate with a bar that doesn't provide adaquate protection.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark Collins
I just got a safety recall notice about the transmission skid plate on my 2010 JKU. They want me to have it replaced with a transmission skid bar because they say the skid plate can collect combustible material and the cat converter could ignite it. Has anyone else gotten this recall notice and is the skid bar as good a protection as the skid plate? I have banged up the skid plates on my rig and don't want to replace a plate with a bar that doesn't provide adaquate protection.
Yeah I did! Its a joke! Ill try to get pics later! Its just a bar so now there's more open area!

Last edited by jkfisher84; 08-21-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine got done yesterday. I don't like it at all, it seems to be to small for adequate protevtion. The good thing is, it seems to be a fairly sturdy brace though, at least it's a well constructed piece, just maybe not a large one.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just stop chasing cows in the field with it, and you'll be OK.

Quick Reply: Transmission skid plate recall