Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

Old 04-29-2019, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Mine came on for 24 hours. I cleared the code and it immediately came back after driving for about 2 minutes. The next day it was magically gone. The only thing I did was play around with the wire harness to make sure it had a good connection. The lights were all still on after that but the next day it was back to normal. Not sure if playing with the harness had anything to do with it but who knows.
The following users liked this post:
JK Lion (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My lights came on a few months ago. Changed the sensor and still on. Then my front brakes started grinding. When I jacked it up, the passenger side wheel moved about 3 inches. Bearing was shot. Changed that out and things worked fine. Fast forward to about a week ago and the lights come back on about minute down the road, almost every day. After about 30 seconds, they go off. Does this once a day, pretty much every day. Problem is, once I get to a spot where I can plug in the reader, the lights are off so no codes.

I've got a few ideas to check now after reading this thread, but just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced what I described.

Thanks,
The following users liked this post:
JK Lion (05-07-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 01:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly what mineis doing.

Originally Posted by jjndadJK
my 2007 has had those lights on since I replaced the ball joints a month ago. The computer doesn't see the right front speed sensor on mine. I've replaced it twice with no luck. Guy who has been helping me, and who knows Chrysler products very well, says he's never had this issue before. We are going to try and nail down if it's the connector/wiring to the sensor, or the hub/tone ring by doing some testing and swaping of parts side to side. The left side sensor reads fine. the sensor itself is a pretty cheap part. about $15. I wish that's all it was on mine. Good luck.
We had a ball joint snap on the front left side of our 2007 Liberty Latitude. We replaced it, then found out the other side was just as bad, so both ball joints are now replaced. After the first mechanic worked on it, I noticed it was sounding -much- louder than it normally does, it sounds like a semi when I drive it. After the second was replaced, half of the warning lights were on and wouldn't go off. Also the cruise control is hit or miss, mostly miss. We don't know very much about vehicles, but with all the replacements we've done lately we are broke as a joke. We know it needs an alignment, but beyond that I don't know what's going on with it amd I'm almost afraid of a diagnosis. 😔 Any ideas? If it is a sensor, is it fairly easy to replace?
Old 03-10-2020, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by onecrazyfuq
I have a 2008 Jeep JK 2DR Auto. Recently my ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control lights all come on at the same time and stay on. At first it was doing it here and there, now almost everytime i get in the car they go on. I used my superchips programmer to run the DTC codes and its pulling a code "C1210 - G Sensor Input Performance" I would like to know how I can fix this. Is it a speed sensor, alighnment issue ? I also tried running the codes using the key sequence on the vehicle and it just says done. This is driving me insane please help. Thanks -Anthony
Just had this problem and it was a speed sensor, just changed all of them, the light went out after the third one was changed.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default Battery

I have a 2008 Jeep JK 2DR Auto. Recently my ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control lights all come on at the same time and stay on. At first it was doing it here and there, now almost everytime i get in the car they go on. I used my superchips programmer to run the DTC codes and its pulling a code "C1210 - G Sensor Input Performance" I would like to know how I can fix this. Is it a speed sensor, alighnment issue ? I also tried running the codes using the key sequence on the vehicle and it just says done. This is driving me insane please help. Thanks -Anthony
I've had this problem three times on 2009 Grand Cherokee. Soon after lights start coming on the batter fails. Once battery is replaced, problem stops.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hornetman
Got all lights coming on my 2008 JK including the “brake light”. Nothing dragging or smoking, don’t believe it is the steering wheel not being centered, I adjusted that in the past. Bleed the brakes this evening and lights come on after driving about 100 feet. They reset and don’t come on until the Jeep moves. Clock spring??? I have the recall just never had any issues. Help!!
Did you ever figure out a fix?? I have the exact same issue with my 08JKU
Old 10-01-2020, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

I have this problem too!
Old 10-06-2020, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Abs

Hayden Johnson-Sipes , 09-30-2020 12:10 PM
JK Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetman
Got all lights coming on my 2008 JK including the “brake light”. Nothing dragging or smoking, don’t believe it is the steering wheel not being centered, I adjusted that in the past. Bleed the brakes this evening and lights come on after driving about 100 feet. They reset and don’t come on until the Jeep moves. Clock spring??? I have the recall just never had any issues. Help!!
Did you ever figure out a fix?? I have the exact same issue with my 08JKU

I had the ABS module replaced by dealership, hasn’t returned. Pretty expensive fix
Old 06-13-2021, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep thing

If you just lifted it or went off-roading and hit a rock you might need an alignment and since it’s all computerized it considers it as unsafe
Old 08-19-2021, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fix weird

Hi peeps,
well to fix this all I did was put my emergency brake up one click and drive for a while with a couple of turns. Then release the emergency brake. And no more lights.

Quick Reply: Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)