Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)

I have a 2008 Jeep JK 2DR Auto. Recently my ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control lights all come on at the same time and stay on. At first it was doing it here and there, now almost everytime i get in the car they go on. I used my superchips programmer to run the DTC codes and its pulling a code "C1210 - G Sensor Input Performance" I would like to know how I can fix this. Is it a speed sensor, alighnment issue ? I also tried running the codes using the key sequence on the vehicle and it just says done. This is driving me insane please help. Thanks -Anthony
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like your clockspring has gone bad
Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't understand how it would be the clockspring since my airbag light is not on and how would I check this
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

my 2007 has had those lights on since I replaced the ball joints a month ago. The computer doesn't see the right front speed sensor on mine. I've replaced it twice with no luck. Guy who has been helping me, and who knows Chrysler products very well, says he's never had this issue before. We are going to try and nail down if it's the connector/wiring to the sensor, or the hub/tone ring by doing some testing and swaping of parts side to side. The left side sensor reads fine. the sensor itself is a pretty cheap part. about $15. I wish that's all it was on mine. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TNHiker
Sounds like your clockspring has gone bad
X2.
Clockspring. I had the same problem a few months back.
Also, Think I recently saw a thread on this forum about the warranty being extended for them so should b covered if that's the prob.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

ESP= Electronic Stability
BAS= Braking Assist
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone have any input on this. Could it be one of the abs sensors or could it be the abs ring or the "dynamic yaw sensor" i need help and ASAP
Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

If it isn't the clockspring, check your steering alignment.
Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment
Sure this is a total alignment, but steering is in there too. That'll be an easy check. Your ABS reluctor wheels? I doubt it, but it never hurts to double check. Try aligning your steering first.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Your abs has a check valve and when you change your brakes you have to open the bleeder valve when you compress the caliber with your C-clamp if you don't you can blow out that check valve and the light will stay on.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
Your abs has a check valve and when you change your brakes you have to open the bleeder valve when you compress the caliber with your C-clamp if you don't you can blow out that check valve and the light will stay on.
I have have changed many brake pads on multiple vehicles and have never had a problem caused by pushing the piston in. I never open the bleeders. I only remove the cap from the reservoir under the hood. Been doing this for years. Have I just gotten lucky?

Quick Reply: Warning Lights HELP ( ESP/BAS,ABS,Traction Control)