Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Water in fuel tank??

Old 08-23-2016, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in fuel tank??

My JK has an odd issue that only happens after I fill the tank up. It will buck and almost stall when driving it and only happens after I fill up and only sometimes. Any thoughts Jeepers???
Old 08-23-2016, 11:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Since you ask about water, have you tried a bottle of STP Gas Treatment or HEET? Though you don't live in an environment conducive to condensation in fuel tanks (LOL), I've been the victim of scamsters who dumped water into my fuel tank at a rest stop (I stopped at a gas station and bought a can of STP instead of letting my "helpful new friend" take me to a nearby mechanic he knew). Also, you might try another gas station, if you're in the habit of using one in particular.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:12 AM
JK Newbie

Just an idea but do you usually let it go empty before fueling up?

My old Toyota Supra had that same bucking. I used to let it go empty before refuelling. Mechanic told me my fuel injectors were full of grit from sediment in my gas tank. Had to replace the fuel filter and get the injectors cleaned out.

Now I know better but yeah, you never know right?
Old 08-24-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

It has only happened after fueling up from near empty at different stations. If it was water wouldn't I have issues after it sat all night???

Quick Reply: Water in fuel tank??