Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Water seeping through softtop

Old 01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had 6 inches or snow sit on my top for days and nothing comes through. I am certain it had to be condensation on the warm side from you breathing. Vapor gets in all the cracks in the zippers, etc. and condenses on the warm side of the material.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes....it's condensation....as others have said this can happen when camping in cold weather too which is essentially what you were doing....wouldn't worry about it...
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's just condensation

Warmth in Jeep plus breath condensing from two mammals plus cold on the outside = condenstaion on the inside of the top. It would be the same if you had a hardtop. No different than a waterproof tent which is why you never want to buy one. Buy the tent that breathes and use an outer waterproof rain fly (which most come with).

Quick Reply: Water seeping through softtop