Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wet passenger floorboard

Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question wet passenger floorboard

I did a couple of searches but didn't find any matches...

My passenger floorboard carpet is wet, and has been that way, regardless of the weather (hot, cold, dry, wet)...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the rubber plugs out from under the carpet. The carpet will stay pretty damp if it can't be drained. I know this from experience also. Except mine had hail on the carpet too (and yes I was driving it at the time).
Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Octane
Pull the rubber plugs out from under the carpet. The carpet will stay pretty damp if it can't be drained. I know this from experience also. Except mine had hail on the carpet too (and yes I was driving it at the time).
Agreed! I'll pull 'em, but I'm still looking for the cause...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try reseating your freedumb panels..

I had a similiar issue, couldn't pin point where a leak was but there WAS a leak.. re-sat my panels and it's been fine for 3 or more months now.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pull the carpeting , I did and haven't noticed anything getting wet since. I think the plugs tend to get worn out like an o-ring deteriates in a hose. Replacing them might help. They seem to let water splash up through the seal when you go through rain, puddles, etc and the carpet seemed to never dry out on it's own which is why you probably notice in all weather conditions.... my .02 cents
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

I had the same issue....dealer replaced defective door seals and the problem disappeared....the seals can slip off the trim rails very easily (like knocking them with your shoulder!). Dealer replaced ALL of the seals (i.e., tops and back door, etc), but it was the diriver and rear passenger side that prompted the issue.

Marc
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BullsJK
Pull the carpeting , I did and haven't noticed anything getting wet since. I think the plugs tend to get worn out like an o-ring deteriates in a hose. Replacing them might help. They seem to let water splash up through the seal when you go through rain, puddles, etc and the carpet seemed to never dry out on it's own which is why you probably notice in all weather conditions.... my .02 cents
I've thought about the Mopar rubber flooring. Did you just leave the metal showing?

Quick Reply: wet passenger floorboard