Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wheel fender loose

Old 07-14-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel fender loose

Well after taking her off road for the first time yesterday, I returned home to find that the front drivers fender has come loose. It looks like 3 clips that secure it have come out....I am finding it nearly impossible to clip it back in though. Pretty tight and awkward. Anyone have this happen yet or have suggestions?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2ksir
Well after taking her off road for the first time yesterday, I returned home to find that the front drivers fender has come loose. It looks like 3 clips that secure it have come out....I am finding it nearly impossible to clip it back in though. Pretty tight and awkward. Anyone have this happen yet or have suggestions?
I just replaced my rear fender on the passenger side. There are plastic clips that hold the fender into the body, and there are plastic "rivets" that secure the outer edge to the inner plastic wheel well. Stop by your local body shop and see if they have any of the plastic rivets. They require a rivet gun to fasten into place. My dealer put the rivets in for free after I replaced the side fender myself.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

mine has came loose also but I have not been off the road yet to cause that
Old 07-15-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

did u hit something with your fenders? I have 35" tires on a 2.5" BB and i tuck them into the fender alot and the only clip i have loose is because it a hit tree once... it jumped out infront of me
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default loose also

My driver's side rear wheel fender is also a little loose. I'm still stock and have been off a few times, but nothing to cause a fender to come loose. Next time I'm at the dealer I'm going to have them look it.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Same here. I just noticed it yesterday. Fully stock and no offroading yet.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by amt97
I just replaced my rear fender on the passenger side. There are plastic clips that hold the fender into the body, and there are plastic "rivets" that secure the outer edge to the inner plastic wheel well. Stop by your local body shop and see if they have any of the plastic rivets. They require a rivet gun to fasten into place. My dealer put the rivets in for free after I replaced the side fender myself.
How did you get the rear fender off? I just scraped up the passenger's side rear fender and will need to replace it.

Thanks,
Glen
Old 11-17-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

mine were lose from the factory. I reinstalled the rear after it took a good hit offroad with after market plastic reviots, its tight now.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
mine were lose from the factory. I reinstalled the rear after it took a good hit offroad with after market plastic reviots, its tight now.
Is there a trick to removing the plastic clips from the body? It's just the outer "flare" part that is scratched and needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Wheel fender loose