Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Windshield wipers and snow build up

Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Octo
Last year I saw a windshield washer fluid heater advertised at Canadian Tire, I just searched for it and all I could find on their site was a bunch of bad reviews and a notice that the product was no longer sold by Canadian Tire. However there were several other models listed from other vendors in the google search.

In the 3 years that I have had my Jeep, I've never really had a problem with freezing rain or snow freezing up like this. I usually put a new set of blades on in the winter and make sure I have the fluid that is rated for -45C.
Funny you should mention the Canadian Tire fluid heater, i have a brand new one sitting here. Bought it for my old YJ but never installed. Was going to install on my 2008 rubi 4D unlimited I have now and mentioned it to a buddy at work who told me those things were recalled due to a fire hazard. Sure enough they were. Funny story, they came out with a 2nd version with a fuse to prevent overheating which was also recalled last year.

There are some that haven't been recalled but don't know I'll bother though I'm in London and we just got 100cm dumped on us in 3 days (about 3.3 feet), not many of us on the road but the wipers I have suck, can't find anything better locally so might need to order some online.

1st recall http://www.halifaxlive.com/content/view/573/2/
2nd recall http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2131463/

I like the heated wipers idea. I see a few products out there, dunno if any work well that aren't big $$$.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using my Trico NeoForm 14" blades in the snow here. They are working very well! Yeah, there is some ice clumping on the bottom of the blade stem ,but the actual blades themselves have stayed pretty much clear of the crud.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers and snow build up