Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Are your lights bright?

Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are your lights bright?

OK this has gotten so annoying. I cant drive down any kind of side street or 2 lane highway at night without atleast 1 person flashing their brights at me as if i was riding around with my brights on.

So tonight i got out at my house and got infront of the jeep and i dont find our headlights to be very bright, highbeams are, but not the normal ones. They are definitly not as bright as cars with factorys HID's or the aftermarket upgrade kits. I thought maybe it is because my Jeep is higher (2.5 space with 35" tires)??? Maybe?

Anyways, want to see if anyone else has this problem. Only thing i know to do is adjust the headlights to point more down but my headlights dont shine any further than my dads stock Ram 1500
Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

It must be the lift/tires, but some people don't know the difference between a care and truck at night and give you the high beams alittle premature.
You can check them on a foggy night or get a friend with a small car and switch him and pass each other a few times to see for youself if they need adjusted.
Or if they want to see what bright really looks like mount a 1 million + candle power spot light to your Jeep and shine that in there face. They will think twice about flicking there high beams to anybody ... after they get out of the hospital from the wreck you caused.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Can they be easily adjusted? I have the same problem. The high beams shine so far down the road, they're practically useless.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

I drove last night for the first time with my lift. Got flashed. I turned on my high beams and now they are useless! Looks like I'm searching for E.T. with them on!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

When u lift your jeep everything gets raised up. I had the same problem when i gave my TJ a RE 2.5 lift. Everybody kept flashing their high beams at me. I took the TJ to a local shop and asked them to readjust the headlights. Never had a problem after that.
(Now i am just waiting to lift the JK)

Last edited by pieperlg; 06-10-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

alright well it sounds like ill be under the hood today adjusting the lights. As others have said, i could watch birds with my high beams on. I know when i get flashed, i flash back, but it doesnt seem to stop them. I guess i will adjust, no need to kill everyone else eyes at night
Old 06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I didn't figger I was the only one with this problem.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

i never got around to the adjustment today. figure ill just wait till i replace the shocks and change the oil one day this week. make a nice afternoon out of working on the jeep
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^x2 counter-clockwise will bring them down. you can park about 25 feet away from a wall or whatever, turn your lights on, and adjust them so they are about 36" from the ground. or just do a turn or so every night until people stop flashing you.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 AM
JK Freak

I kept thinking the light were too bright ...nope...just adjusted incorrectly. This one is easy as apple pie. It'll take you 2-3 minutes a side if that...but sorry it doesn't count as a mod. What the hell - drill out your mirrors while you're at it.

Quick Reply: Are your lights bright?