Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Your snowplow experience on a 07+ JK?

Old 11-03-2015, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not quite

Originally Posted by rclark
I also installed a Fisher Homesteader on my 08 JK and it's worked great for the last 6 years. Just remember you will lose your warranty from jeep.
Not all the time. I installed mine after the factory warranty expired yet I own and 08 and have the lifetime powertrain warranty. When I took it in for the 5 year inspection they did not say anything. When I had work done on it covered by the lifetime warranty they said nothing. It may vary from dealer to dealer...and it probably helps that my Jeep is in great condition, having never been off road.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpinjoe
Not all the time. I installed mine after the factory warranty expired yet I own and 08 and have the lifetime powertrain warranty. When I took it in for the 5 year inspection they did not say anything. When I had work done on it covered by the lifetime warranty they said nothing. It may vary from dealer to dealer...and it probably helps that my Jeep is in great condition, having never been off road.
Than your lucky. Herb Chambers voided mine and I even went over their heads right to corporate. Guess old Herb won't be getting my business again.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rclark
Than your lucky. Herb Chambers voided mine and I even went over their heads right to corporate. Guess old Herb won't be getting my business again.
Crooks - that sucks!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks...good inputs

Small plows can be hooked up to a front receiver hitch...small impact to wheeling.

Quick Reply: Your snowplow experience on a 07+ JK?