Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Installed a lift and tires.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a lift and tires.

Well things have come together for me getting all the pieces together for a lift, tires and wheel spacers. And with the final piece of the tires coming together I put the whole package all together. I really like the look.

Well here are some before and after pictures.

Stock

Got the back half done. Looks like a dragster. I did drive it like that for a day as I ran out of time to tackle the front of the lift before work .

Front and back now done with the stock tires still on.

I made a trip to Vancouver and met up with 07 rubisteve(Steve) at Metaulic(Erik) shop to pick up the 35's that were too small for Steve.

It was great meeting Erik and his buddys. They are great guys. And I even had time to meet up with Rubicon Fan(Sam) before heading back to the Island.

Well I made it home safe and sound and had to flex it a bit to set in the tires, lift, and wheel spacers.

Before I flexed and stuffed things I had to moisten the whole Jeep. My youngest daughter took this picture, she said I had to tell everyone.

Now for a bit of flexing and stuffing.

This is what it looks like cleaned up a bit. It looks so much better.

Now to make a spacer so I can put the spare on.

Austin

Last edited by Boat; 03-12-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Austin....looks awesome brother!

Steve offered me those 35's but the $$$ was not there for me...need funds for Mattias's 2 Hospital Trips coming up a Vancouver Children's Hospital! My loss your gain!!!!

That last picture....do you still have the factory rake or is it the slope of the road??? Well, you won't have any issues at Whipsaw....Geez...I think I will be the small JK on this coming trip with my 33's...

I think you should invest in a new rear bumper for your 35" tires. Did you find any power loss with the 35's???

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 03-12-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Mike.

It looks like the rake is still there....I'm hoping that when I add the spare to the rear that it will even things out. My next purchase is towards a rear bumper so I don't tear up the rear gate withthe bigger rubber. And the weight of a new bumper will even things out as well.

I have noticed a slight power loss but I know it is not a rocket so I don't drive it like it is. Maybe I need a Superchips as well....

I am looking forward to another Whipsaw run, to wheel with the people from last spring and meeting new friends. Also to see the mods some have done in person.

Wish you and your famliy the best.

Austin
Old 03-13-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....you will have to work on Brandy a little with the rear bumper and superchips.

I am looking forward to another Whipsaw tour this year...my 8 year old Daughter will be joining me this time around as she has the Jeep bug now! I am also looking forward to see old friends and meeting new friends on the run! Just an awesome group of people wanting nothing better than to enjoy the outdoors and 4 wheeling!

I will have to hook up with your family when we are on the island this year go for a beer or something. I am thinking my family will try to get over to Qualicum Beach/Nanaimo in July or August.

Mike
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

looks good man...welcome to club 35....even though everyone seems to be joining club 37 haha. looking forward to meeting you and finally meeting mike. austin - throw the 35 spare in the back cargo area to see what kind of droop you get....just to give you an idea about the rake.

p.s. mike i'll make sure there are some stockers at whipsaw so that your 33s look massive. cheers guys
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks good
Old 03-13-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

looks awesome austin! that makes a huge difference, hopefully i'll get to wheel with ya this summer!
cheers,
Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Looking good Austin....ah the memories I had with that set up.....damn good ones......I know you can get more flex out her....Mine had the rake too, but I didnt mind it....I prefer a rake than the saggy ass 4Runner look you see driving around......This way when you load up the family, add the rear bumper and get out there it will sit level.....The spare will help out a bit.....

Congrats man
Old 03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default bumper 4 sale

Hey Boat,
Your Jeep looks great.
I wish I had the jam to own a black one.
I have an LoD rear bumper that I want to sell cheap as I've ordered the one with the tire carrier.
Are you or do you know anyone who might be interested?
I'm in Vancouver
Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya for sure Mike give me a call when your in town. We'll have a or at the Crow & Gate.

geebee I threw the tire in the back before I went to work this morning...and it helps a bit. I'll probably be joining the 37 club when everyone is in the 40 club...one step behind..lol.

Thanks for the complement Berts and Dave. Oh Dave I'm sure we'll wheel together this summer.....thats what I'm gunning for.

Thanks Steve. I like the look and with it loaded up it won't look like one of those saggy ass 4runners.

Thanks for the complement dkincaid.....I'm looking for a rear bumper with a tire carrier so the LoD your looking to sell won't work for me. I don't know of anyone off hand looking to buy a rear bumper. Have you placed it in the For Sale section of the forum? Oh ya Welcome to JK-Forum!

Quick Reply: Installed a lift and tires.