Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tires Tires Tires

Old 11-08-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

IF you are looking for BFG's try your local COSTCO!! No kidding, they are the cheapest around and free rotaions. They stock a few sizes but can get any size of BFG you need!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tsfield
IF you are looking for BFG's try your local COSTCO!! No kidding, they are the cheapest around and free rotaions. They stock a few sizes but can get any size of BFG you need!
I was actually thinking about that as well with the new BFG KM2's. I will be heading to Costco in the next few weeks and I will have to price them out.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

I really need some 35's but also am appauled by the price up here copared to the states... i am looking into shocks as well and they are around 140 bucks up here for what you can get in the states for 80
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny Kustom
And people wonder why there isnt any good shops in Canada. This is why. Go ahead, buy all your junk online, and when you got trouble with it. Ship it back. Instead of buying down the street and supporting our local economy.
Flea-bay is the reason for anything local not to survive. Its still not worth it to me to go through all the hassle of online ordering.

BTW.. I got a set of 39.5x17 SS IROKS for $306 per tire last summer from a local shop. Brand new. I get those types of deals BECAUSE i shop locally.
well thats great for you, conratulations. So your saying I should go out and pay ridiculous inflated prices to support my local shops? And because I don't pay their ridiculous prices I'm somehow screwing them over? Interesting logic my friend. I spent WEEKS shopping around locally, yes WEEKS. Was spending serious coin on TWO complete sets of tires and one full set of rims. You don't think I want to get the best bang for my buck? Well if you don't thats fine keep it up, but even when I talked to the so called best tire warehouse here and asked them what they could work out for me all I got was hums and haws and 'ya thats the best we can do' ....so if I can get my stuff from across the border and have it shipped here paying duties and exchanges and STILL save money you better believe I will...and guess what, ya 4wd.com screwed up and sent me the wrong shocks...oh and guess what?? I called them and 4 days later I had the right set for free, no charge, nothing AND they told me to keep the extra front ones free of charge!!!! Now, if there was a local shop that would do the same I'd be all over it, BUT THERE ISN'T! You keep shopping locally for all your "junk" , and if your getting great deals good for you! But don't come on here and say I'm the reason there's no good shops because I don't shop locally.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
OUCH!!!!

I got quoted $450/tire for Toyo M/T's 33x12.5R18's at my local tire dealer.

I am thinking of heading down south with my vehicle on my old Toyo M/T's into Washington State, Idaho or Montana and getting them to swap them out and drive back on new rubber to skip on the duties. However, with the current exchange rate....I am not sure if it is worth it yet. But damn $450/tire, plus balancing, mounting, taxes....I am looking at over $2G's for 4 tires.....JUST BRUTAL.
As you can see Kenny Kustom, I'm not the only one to notice the so called 'deals' we're getting here and the extent we're willing to go to get a deal.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Spetz
I gave up awhile ago looking in Canada, Alberta specific. I went online, to ebay no less and found 35 x 12.5 x 18 Nitto mud grapplers shipped to my door for 260$ a piece, shipping incl. Cheapest I found in Edmonton was over 400$ per..retarded...no one would even budge a dime on there tires.
Exactly. I hear you. Edmonton here as well. Got the same run around. Right now I'm sitting on my 33"FirestoneDestinations for a total in of 1300.00 all in ...granted that was when the dollar was doing ALOT better, situation may be different now deal wise ?? But I often wonder if all the 'oil' money floating around here helped contribute to the inflated prices, I know alot of other guys that head up north that buy their tires locally and don't give a damn what they pay cause they got the dough...not all but I'm sure you've seen the same, I unfortunately am not made of money
Old 11-27-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
Exactly. I hear you. Edmonton here as well. Got the same run around. Right now I'm sitting on my 33"FirestoneDestinations for a total in of 1300.00 all in ...granted that was when the dollar was doing ALOT better, situation may be different now deal wise ?? But I often wonder if all the 'oil' money floating around here helped contribute to the inflated prices, I know alot of other guys that head up north that buy their tires locally and don't give a damn what they pay cause they got the dough...not all but I'm sure you've seen the same, I unfortunately am not made of money
I am not made of money either....and it stinks with the tire prices here in Canada. What happened to the solid Mud-terrain or that matter All-terrain tire for $200-250/tire???? I have been shopping around Revelstoke, Vernon, Kelowna, Sicamous and even Calgary....and all similar prices about $100-$150 more/tire compared to the USA.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 11-27-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

yeah no shops will budge a penny on there prices either it is getting rediculous, I am in the same boat on looking for two full sets of tires and a set of rims and still noone will make me a deal, it is going to be almost 2000 just for my jk and thats without the rims I wanted... what a joke.
I will keep searching the internet until I find the deal I am looking for.... it is unfortunate that pro comp stopped there 4 for 3 sale I got a set of 35x16 XTerrains for my pick up for $1200 installed.
Too bad I cant get that deal again
Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

check out your local classifieds too. i just picked up a set of 35'' toyo mt' s on Kijiji for $900 bones, only about 5k on them.
Now , if I could only find the lift kit I want.................
Old 11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sqareyz
check out your local classifieds too. i just picked up a set of 35'' toyo mt' s on Kijiji for $900 bones, only about 5k on them.
Now , if I could only find the lift kit I want.................
wow, good find! Thats awesome, can be a hit or miss sometimes...a hit for you I guess, good luck with the lift

Quick Reply: Tires Tires Tires