Old 04-03-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor

Default Jeep Punisher Edition Episode 11 JK Poision Spyder Hood Cowel XRC Body Armor LED Tail

So were getting the Body Panel all bolted on to this JK and it is coming along Nice Just want to Post a quick update of the Spyder LED JK tail LIghts in the the Black Finish, the Posion Spyder Hood Cowel and the Smittybuilt XRC Armor front fenders.

Monday through Friday, your Jeep is just like every other daily driver—inching along car-chocked highways. On the weekends, though, it’s just like any intrepid off-roader—inching along craggy badland paths. Now, your nine-to-five commute will feel like your Saturday trek when you upgrade with Smittybilt XRC Armor Fenders. These Rubicon-ready fenders and corner guards deliver unmatched clearance, unflinching strength and Moab-inspired style that impresses in traffic and on the trail.

Wish you had room for Bigfoot-sized wheels and tires? Smittybilt XRC Fenders turn your sand-paddling fantasies into a reality. Thanks to their impossibly low-profile design, the XRC Armor Corner Guards & Fenders leave your wheel wells wide open for oversized rims. To keep crud out of your engine bay, they’re equipped with inner liners. And, the integrated slide plates are fully replaceable—just in case you tangle with an especially unruly boulder.

Tailor made for your Jeep, Smittybilt Armor Fenders flow perfectly with your 4x4’s factory lines. Each fender is expertly wrought from 3/16” cold-rolled steel and finished with Smittybilt’s signature two-stage textured matte black finish. Plus, you can choose between adding front fenders, rear corner guards or both and they're backed by a 5-year finish warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5-eTBUahRk
Old 04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Former Vendor

here is another JK we lifted with an 4.5 AEV kit on Toyo 37X13.5 inch tires on 17 inch Methods. we wint with the high steer kit and Billistin Shocks with the 5.13 gears by Yukon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX_SaAOOlgo then we smoothed out the fenders and paint it with the front bumpers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8CgfsaIc_Q we call it Joe's JK and yews we own Joesjk.com as well
Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

all bullshit aside im curious to see how this punisher is going to look. keep the updates coming.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

Just got done with some custom diamond plating.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3994653877.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	543252   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-450102216.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	543253   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-866211313.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	543254   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-583396933.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	543255  
Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
1980 called!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Del Rey Customs
Love it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs
Old 04-04-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
1980 called!
That's only when diamond plate is combined with Yosemite Sam mud flaps.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally dont jump on the hate wagon, but this build is boggling my mind. I went the first few videos very intrigued but then i just started losing it...

I don't understand why so much money is being spent in certain areas, and so lacking and cheaped out on in others in such a profoundly stupid way. I feel like the owner, for starters, has no clue, and maybe he doesn't care, but his first mistake was bringing it to a shop which clearly has no clue either.

1.) Just because you place BMW in front of everything doesn't change the fact that this guy just paid thousands to turn a hot red jeep to primer - sorry, bmw primer
2.) Then next to the custom paint job and bed-liner production, we have shittybuilt fenders and bumpers - pretty much the worst stuff available - who have the nerve to ship out clearly visually defective products, why so much on paint and not even a custom fender, bumper or look anywhere else? There are SO MANY minimalist / high clearnace aftermarket bumper choices but they aren't listed in the 4wp catalog so I guess you wouldn't know about them
3.) Next to these custom seats and paint job, we have a tin can $130 glue on hood louvers - which i'm questioning whether were 3m double sided taped to the hood and if a hole was ever cut and why if you're bothering to repaint everything, a more customized hood was not used (also due to the direction of the vents, clearly designed to allow heat to escape upward and not to "bring air down on the engine", it's not forward facing like a WRX scoop)
4.) Now we're talking about "supercharging or turbocharging, have not decided yet" - doubt you know the difference from what I've seen so far - yet cheaping out so hard core on the visual stuff and not upgrading anywhere the power is running through - changing the gear ratio isn't really going to make a difference strength wise.
5.) The 40" wheels on the D30 front axel has still not been addressed - sure this might be a show pony princess jeep, but now we're talking about adding even more power and torque to all stock axles?
6.) $7,500 in aftermarket wheels and more in 8-piston brake upgrades, and turbochargers under consideration and we're really keeping a D30 up front?
7.) The thing is an automatic so this whole build was a waste of time from the second the guy bought the thing
8.) The diamond plating looks like a teenager just got his hands on a grinder with a cutting wheel for the first time, ever - looks very rough around the edges

This thing is going to be a disaster driving around the mall parking lot, let alone it's inability to function well off road. I feel like I'm watching a Fast and Furious movie except with terribly built jeeps instead of hondas and mitsibishis

Anyway you look at it, an equivalent looking jeep could be pieced together for less than a few thousand dollars + extra for the idiotic tire and wheel choice + custom seats. The dollar figures you've been dropping every other second (in classic west coast douche fashion) have me wondering how any of this can add up to anywhere near the stuff that's going into it. The fact that your shop has to bring together so many outside places, they must all see it as an opportunity to royally rip you off because you have zero clue what you are doing.

And learn to hold the camera still because it's constantly trying to auto-focus, and the frame rate is so low that it's just constantly a blur shake disaster. I'd imagine if you guys are ripping people off this badly you'd have a few hundred to throw at a camera that takes better video than a flip phone - half the videos are pointed at the floor, random walls, you walking and talking and not even at what you're trying to showcase.

I also feel bad because this owner is going to think he's a real cool bad ass and have no idea what a raging douche-monger he is in reality, and how much better it could have been given the amount he's spent.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really try not to be a hater and try to keep an open mind to others choices...but this thread is a train wreck that keeps me coming back!