Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stop/turn lights went bad

Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop/turn lights went bad

So within one day both my tail lights lost stop/turn lights. Today i picked up new bulbs and changed them and no luck. I don't know what else could be the issue. Any ideas what to look for? Its a 17 month old jeep. Should i take it to the dealership? They should warrant this problem, right?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow_but_Sure
So within one day both my tail lights lost stop/turn lights. Today i picked up new bulbs and changed them and no luck. I don't know what else could be the issue. Any ideas what to look for? Its a 17 month old jeep. Should i take it to the dealership? They should warrant this problem, right?
Did you check the fuses?

There should be a diagram in your manual.

If it's more than bulbs/fuses then it should be covered under warranty.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like something is grounding out. Do you have a trailer plug? See if it is melted to the muffler.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

I looked at the manual and found the location of fuses. I"ll be checking the fuses today.

No, i don't have a trailer plug.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor

If you cant find blown fuse and its only 17mos old.. I would be bringing in it.... why waste your time and money thatshould be cover under warranty..

Chris
Old 09-18-2014, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Today i located fuse M1 and it looked fine to me. So i guess im taking this to the dealer. Its 2013 JKU
Old 09-18-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

The regular stop/rear turn lights have no fuses. (M1 is for the center high mounted stop light only.)

Either the TIPM isn't sending power to the stop/turn filaments, or there is a bad ground.

It will be covered under your warranty.

If you want to look at it before taking the Jeep to the dealer, with a meter or test lamp, look for power at one of the stop/turn pins in the bulb socket. That will tell you if it's a TIPM or ground problem.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The regular stop/rear turn lights have no fuses. (M1 is for the center high mounted stop light only.) Either the TIPM isn't sending power to the stop/turn filaments, or there is a bad ground. It will be covered under your warranty. If you want to look at it before taking the Jeep to the dealer, with a meter or test lamp, look for power at one of the stop/turn pins in the bulb socket. That will tell you if it's a TIPM or ground problem.
Interesting. I assumed m1, 17, 18 would've included the stop/turn lights. Good to know. Thx
Old 09-19-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

I guess i will take it to the dealership at this point. I will update with more info on how it goes.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

I'm have the same problem. Any luck? Mine is 2008

Quick Reply: Stop/turn lights went bad