Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can't find one!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find one!!!

I am in the process of shopping for a new JK. I am looking for a '13 sport unlimited and I do want the 3.73 gears. I have searched pretty much all the dealer websites and a lot in person and cannot find any dealers with a model in their inventory with 3.73 gears (from CT by the way). Anyone else have this problem. Im starting to assume I will have to order my new jeep instead of finding it somewhere. Never ordered a new vehicle before so I sort of don't know what to expect. Not sure as far as other options but I do know I want either Bilet or Rock Lobster.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

I ran into the same problem, ended up ordering because no dealer within 500mi had Sport S with premium top, Max tow pckg, and premium radio!

Good luck to you!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had very specific things I wanted when I was ready to buy my 2012 JKU last year and did pretty much the same thing - checked the inventory of all the dealers in my area on-line. When I went to the dealer where I ultimately bought my Jeep, I had them do a search and they found exactly what I was looking for.

My point? Let a dealer search for you. If there is one around, they'll find it for sure!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Same exact thing here last year in NJ. I ordered mine. Took about a month to get. So glad I didn't settle for something less. My only consideration now would be for the model year. Which one would you get of you ordered? If you wait a month to order would that have you in a 2014?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just order one the way you want it. That way you get everything you want and nothing you don't. It doesn't cost anything extra, just a little extra waiting.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Same exact thing here last year in NJ. I ordered mine. Took about a month to get. So glad I didn't settle for something less. My only consideration now would be for the model year. Which one would you get of you ordered? If you wait a month to order would that have you in a 2014?
I haven't really thought of that! I have not looked into the 2014's at all, are there any considerable changes? I expect to just go with the '13 but who knows. As a side note, i'm totally impatient and my current truck is on it's last leg but I guess I'm gonna have to wait the order time.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to order my jeep as well. Finding a 2 door rubi with a manuel transmission was hard but finding one with the packages i wanted and without the ones i dident . Pretty much impossible
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default Lets see

Well, I actually found a billet 6 speed with the max tow in Mass. Going to dealer near me tomorrow to see about it.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Had the same issue looking for a rock lobster unlimited 3:73s, tow package, hardtop, manual Trans. I couldn't believe all the automatics that were out there. They found one 7 weeks later that was on a train.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody have experience having they're dealer find a jeep from another dealer out of state? Not sure if its worth me driving 2 hours or see the cost in shipping the vehicle here. I assume the dealer can work that out

Quick Reply: Can't find one!!!