Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wheel illegally?? STOP!!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"So Went by the local police station today. Saw 2 jeeps sitting in the impound lot covered in mud. I asked the officer I was having lunch with why they were there and if I could steal the lift (joking of course). He told me they were impounded cause they were trespassing and destroying private property and are goin to auction on the 14th....." Forwarded from a friend

Illegal wheeling is no joke people. Gives our sport a bad name, and negates all the efforts put out by those who work hard to preserve our sport and keep legal place open to wheel.

If you aren't at a designated off road park, and don't have expressed written permission by the land owner, 9 chances out of 10, you're illegal wheeling. "That place down by the creek behind the old bowling alley" is not an acceptable place to go get muddy. Even if "there are other people down there all the time".

Moral of the story, if you do sneak around and wheel in shady areas, hopefully it catches up to you and you break something, get stranded, get arrested and possibly lose your jeep. Because you don't deserve it

Do our sport a favor and pass this message on in one way or another. We've all been young and dumb, but most of us have grown up and realized the possible consequences.

Last edited by kh202; 08-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you'll be at the auction....correct?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-09-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls
So you'll be at the auction....correct?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Haha I wish
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kh202
"So Went by the local police station today. Saw 2 jeeps sitting in the impound lot covered in mud. I asked the officer I was having lunch with why they were there and if I could steal the lift (joking of course). He told me they were impounded cause they were trespassing and destroying private property and are goin to auction on the 14th....." Forwarded from a friend

Illegal wheeling is no joke people. Gives our sport a bad name, and negates all the efforts put out by those who work hard to preserve our sport and keep legal place open to wheel.

If you aren't at a designated off road park, and don't have expressed written permission by the land owner, 9 chances out of 10, you're illegal wheeling. "That place down by the creek behind the old bowling alley" is not an acceptable place to go get muddy. Even if "there are other people down there all the time".

Moral of the story, if you do sneak around and wheel in shady areas, hopefully it catches up to you and you break something, get stranded, get arrested and possibly lose your jeep. Because you don't deserve it

Do our sport a favor and pass this message on in one way or another. We've all been young and dumb, but most of us have grown up and realized the possible consequences.
x2 on that. been wheeling for 20 years and the first few times went places we now feel bad about doing. after years of seeing a lot of our favorite trails closed, we're careful now to tread lightly and stay on the established, legal ones. when we're in a group every now and then someone will take off to the side of the trail not caring about anything other than doing what they feel like doing - that's sad to see.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got pulled over in south park P.A . Its south of Pittsburgh. I was wheelin at a place called "the dumps" I came up out of the creek onto the road and there was a cop right there. He pulled me over and I got a 300$ trespassing with a motor vehicle ticket. I'm not sure what is private property if its not posted. But the judge said " you think this is the 18 hundreds with cowboys and Indians"? Every single foot of land is owned by someone, so everything is private property. Not to many off-road parks in southwester P.A.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done it one time and I'm not ashamed of it because that got me into this sport that I love. But of course I do it legally now.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
I've done it one time and I'm not ashamed of it because that got me into this sport that I love. But of course I do it legally now.
We were all young, dumb or simply didn't know what we know now at one point. I'm sure a good number of people (including 16yr old me) have done something questionable in a jeep. But hopefully we have moved on and realized that illegal mud holes are pretty lame and nothing good can co e from it.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kh202

We were all young, dumb or simply didn't know what we know now at one point. I'm sure a good number of people (including 16yr old me) have done something questionable in a jeep. But hopefully we have moved on and realized that illegal mud holes are pretty lame and nothing good can co e from it.
Yes sir! I was 16 when I did that! But yes I did move on from little mud Holes. Now I make sure the trail is open to wheel and everything is legal!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I agree completely. It gives the whole off road community a bad rap, and will only hurt us all keep legal places around. Unless you have permission from the land owner, and are respectful, don't do it..
Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi

Out here the issue is littering... It drives me up a wall...

Quick Reply: Wheel illegally?? STOP!!