Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body roll

Old 04-13-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body roll

First things first, here's how my jeep sits now:

JKU, 2.5" Metalcloak springs, Old Man Emu Long Travel shocks, front Metalcloak track bar (not raised), rear OEM trackbar (raised), rear OEM sway bar links moved to front (parallel to ground), and extended links in the rear (need to be a few inches longer to have the sway bar level).

I've been getting a good amount of body roll in corners, changing lanes, really anywhere. I need to get new rear links so that it doesn't flip when flexed, would this also improve my body roll? If not, what can I do to improve it?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:34 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What psi you running on the tires?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

You have front links installed right? That seems strange - i experience less body roll with the lift than before even when running the stock wheels for a while
Old 04-14-2015, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
What psi you running on the tires?
28, they're 35 Toyo MTs
Old 04-14-2015, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
You have front links installed right? That seems strange - i experience less body roll with the lift than before even when running the stock wheels for a while
Yep I do. Do you also have the MC sway bar drop brackets installed in the rear? I'm not sure if sway bar angle affects body roll or not
Old 04-14-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Here's my rear sway bar for reference

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1485373134.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	606308
Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TaylarsJK
Yep I do. Do you also have the MC sway bar drop brackets installed in the rear? I'm not sure if sway bar angle affects body roll or not
I have the MC longer links in the rear. Angle might have some affect but not much I wouldn't think. Are you sure it's body roll that you're experiencing and not the flighty steering of improper castor?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
I have the MC longer links in the rear. Angle might have some affect but not much I wouldn't think. Are you sure it's body roll that you're experiencing and not the flighty steering of improper castor?
Forgot to include that I have AEV control arm brackets too. They're in the 2.5" hole, I could set them at the 3.5" hole if that would help. I was going to anyway, but need to find ratchet straps to help line up the holes.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 AM
DJ1
Former Member

It looks like the only thing really left to correct are your rear links. I've got the AEV 2.5" which still uses the OEM rear links but I've also got the shorter wheel base on the 2 door and there's less weight to shift around...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
It looks like the only thing really left to correct are your rear links. I've got the AEV 2.5" which still uses the OEM rear links but I've also got the shorter wheel base on the 2 door and there's less weight to shift around...
That's what I'm thinking, just trying to figure it out before I start spending money. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Body roll