Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Traction 2" BB Install Tricks or Tips

Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction 2" BB Install Tricks or Tips

I finally made up my mind and ordered the Full Traction 2" BB lift.

To those of you that have installed this lift, is there anything I should be prepared to alter or fabricate in addition to what's provided ?

I saw a post from someone on the board that mentioned having to make a improv bracket for the brake lines because they wouldn't reach.

Any other info would be appreciated.

As always thanks in advance, and I hope the New Year brings many newly delivered JK's to those who are waiting.

--Bill
Old 12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd drive it before installing the trac bar bracket. You may not need it. I mentioned having a bit of bump-steer after the install and someone said to try removing the bracket. I haven't yet though.

As for the brake lines, I didn't do any mods to them, but I loosened the bracket that holds the rear ones to the frame so I wouldn't over-extend and break them during the install. I secured them when I was finished though. I also did this to the e-brake cables. All this may have been unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure. Also, the rear diff breather tube popped off so I had to put it back on. It's just a push-on fit. There wasn't even a clamp there. I guess I should add one.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I'd drive it before installing the trac bar bracket. You may not need it. I mentioned having a bit of bump-steer after the install and someone said to try removing the bracket. I haven't yet though.

As for the brake lines, I didn't do any mods to them, but I loosened the bracket that holds the rear ones to the frame so I wouldn't over-extend and break them during the install. I secured them when I was finished though. I also did this to the e-brake cables. All this may have been unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure. Also, the rear diff breather tube popped off so I had to put it back on. It's just a push-on fit. There wasn't even a clamp there. I guess I should add one.

Thanks for the info, sounds likea good idea to lossen the brackets better safe than sorry. I'll try the install without the bracket I can always add it later If needed.

BTW how do you like the Maxis Bighorns ? Their also on my list along with the Cragar Soft 8's

Thanks for the Input

--Bill
Old 12-28-2006, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would suggest to leave the track bar relocation bracket off. Also if you plan on running disconnects and putting longer shocks on it then I would say that the rear brake lines will be too short. I had to make a bracket to extend mine. There really isn't much line there. The front "should" be OK, but at full flex mine are a little tight so I'll be getting extended brake lines before too much longer.

Quick Reply: Full Traction 2" BB Install Tricks or Tips