Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

What's the best watch

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best watch

Time goes forward for us tonigt and I've been using a Timex Ironman that has the anolog hands aswell as a digital face. Trouble is the analog time adjust dial has popped out of it and 2 others I've replaced it with.

Can anyone recomend a good watch that is:
tactical or dark
has analog and digital
has at least one stopwatch,
can be set to silent
has night lights or glows on comand
is reasonably prices
is tough
has a continuous band or at least something that won't break

thanks.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I have this watch: Citizen Skyhawk AT and I absolutely love it. I have had eco-drive watches for over 10 years and they are the best most reliable watches I have ever owned. Never needs a battery. I had one in a drawer for 2 years and stuck it in a window to charge it and it started right up again and I wore it until I got the one linked above. It sets itself via the radio worldwide, has world time, analog and digital, lights up and glows, is tactical, has aviation slide rule, stop watch, 2 timers, dual alarm, can be silenced, and tough as hell. This thing is totally customizable and has more features on it that I can even say. I have never scratched the watch face and I have worked on vehicles and scraped the hell out of it thinking it was toast... but nope... still scratch free. They have several different styles of this watch and different price ranges , but these particular models can be a little pricey but citizen has several other eco-drive models in the better price ranges. I can't say enough good things about it.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States

G-shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am on Shore duty and I am currently wearing a Movodo... Sorry cant help you on this one
Old 03-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine get roasted by the electrical fields at work. Digital/electrical anything has an extremely short lifespan. sometimes just a day or less.

I dont wear a watch at work since my mechanical one broke.

I have a timex expedition i wear outside of work sometimes, it has been around for years & multiple bands & batteries.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

best time peace I have is on my cell phone. not much need for a watch anymore.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by e-jeep
Not exactly everything you listed ...but I've had a Suunto Observer for years, and it's been great!
+1 on the Suunto. Don't have the Observer but have been very happy with mine. Another good one I liked wearing on the ship was G-Shock. It could take one hell of a beating and hold up.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude makes a thread, asks a question and never comes back?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Omega Seamaster. it does none of the things you are asking but i love that watch. wear it everyday.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Dude makes a thread, asks a question and never comes back?
No man, not gone away. I've been giving everybody a chance to chime in. This is a slow area of the forum, and not everyone is around right away.

I am however leaning towards the Sunto except for the cost. Online the one that does the altimeter barometer and compass is like 350 bucks and I imagine smashing it on the first ex; but then again I am Armored Recce, (Recon) now, (switched from Infantry), and will be spending a lot more time in a vehicle so maybe.

Then again the Ironman I have is only like 90 bucks, and I could get three of them for the cost of the sunto.

Thanks for the suggestions I do appreaciat them.