Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Corolla beach 6/11

Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corolla beach 6/11

I am planning a run to Corolla beach (Obx) on 11 june for ANYONE who wants to come have a good time. This is not a "club' thing so all are welcome; to include any clubs that would like to come out and enjoy the day.

1. TBD- will lock in after feedback to see what is the best time for everyone

2. Meetup spot can be either someplace on 12 north or beach itself (feedback)

3. We will use the beach entrance off of 12 north

4. I would like this to be a family oriented day. I.E. kids, dogs etc..

5. Cookout (must bring your own grill, food etc..) on the beach, swim, fish and maybe play some volleyball (if someone has
a net, etc..) maybe toss a football around and possible fun pick-up game.. Anything you would like to bring so you and maybe others can enjoy.

6. If you would like to wheel and checkout the trails over the dunes, PLEASE be respectful of the residents who reside back there. The local police DO patrol back there. There are wild horses to see and the trails are pretty good.

Once you guys start giving me the about going, I will edit the post and do a by name list. I will also post directions from the newport news/richmond area as we get closer. If you have any questions, please PM me or call/text 619-791-6270... PLEASE COME OUT AND ENJOY AN AWESOME FAMILY DAY

We will meet up at the:

Currituck County Welcome Center
106 caratoke highway
moyock, NC 27958
9:30 am

List of so far:
Battlefrog (+2 and dog)
Karls10jk (+1)
Adam (+1)
Ken-Rahaim (+1)
Settle (+1)
Marshall (+3)
Bernigoober (+1)
mudvane
Zaknafien (+1)
Keithyellowjk
Surf9 TBD
SayreJK07 (+1)
Running Man (+1)
nicsmith (TBD)
Swanny (+1)
Kevo
Duglas (+2)
Billdo (+1) TBD

Last edited by Battlefrog; 06-08-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Battlefrog. Definitely interested (+1).
Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Coming down from Ohio

I am going to be driving down from Ohio on the 11th and staying until the 18th.

Might try and convince the wife to leave Friday night so we can meet up for this and hang out a little while until the rental house is ready at 4:00

We'll be in Waves all week, just north of the lighthouse, right next to ramp 38 to access the Beach.

If anyone sees a Silver Unlimited Rubi with Ohio plates give me a wave...and stop over for a and a shot of Especially since I am drinking by myself b/c she'll be 5 months pregnant.

I will keep up on this thread and see where you guys are meeting up and try and find ya when I get down there.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Settle
I am going to be driving down from Ohio on the 11th and staying until the 18th.

Might try and convince the wife to leave Friday night so we can meet up for this and hang out a little while until the rental house is ready at 4:00

We'll be in Waves all week, just north of the lighthouse, right next to ramp 38 to access the Beach.

If anyone sees a Silver Unlimited Rubi with Ohio plates give me a wave...and stop over for a and a shot of Especially since I am drinking by myself b/c she'll be 5 months pregnant.

I will keep up on this thread and see where you guys are meeting up and try and find ya when I get down there.
Sounds good....Hope to see you there..
Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't make it but would love to do something up there this fall (late Sept-early Oct). I'm down in Myrtle Beach and work in the tourist industry so June, July, and August are work, work, work for me.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SBEII
I can't make it but would love to do something up there this fall (late Sept-early Oct). I'm down in Myrtle Beach and work in the tourist industry so June, July, and August are work, work, work for me.
I'm sure it is... I have no doubt we will be making another run during your free months...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am planning on making the trip down. Can't commit 100% yet due to work.... Sounds like a balst and I'd love to go explore some of the trails down there. I don't get to get the Jeep off road as much as I'd like so I try to take advantage of any chance I get and someone find out about the adult beverages
Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
I am planning on making the trip down. Can't commit 100% yet due to work.... Sounds like a balst and I'd love to go explore some of the trails down there. I don't get to get the Jeep off road as much as I'd like so I try to take advantage of any chance I get and someone find out about the adult beverages
Will do, if you do come, don't forget a plastic shovel.... Hahaha
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Will do, if you do come, don't forget a plastic shovel.... Hahaha
haha I'm sure my wife will get me one to bust my chops a little. I really hope I can get down there. I love being on the beach with the tob down and doors off. Hopefully the plastic shovel wont blow away
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Agreed.... My doors will have to stay on cause I will have the 4 year old with me... The top will def be left at home. We are going to drive up and drive back later on, unless I talk the wife into staying over night.........

Quick Reply: Corolla beach 6/11