Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Corolla beach 6/11

Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Do you have JK Forum stickers too? The tourists in that area come mostly from Delaware, Ohio, PA, and a few stragglers from NY. From your signature though, it looks like it would be hard to miss your jeep- it looks like a beast
I don't have the JK stickers on there yet. I have only had this for a couple of months..

Here's a bigger picture of it since my avatar is a little small and blurry

I will literally be on my way down if I can make it to this, so the soft top and doors will be on it. Once we get to the rental house later that afternoon the top and doors will be taken off for the week.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Berni- don't let them hassle you about gettin stuck, I'll bring my 50ft tug boat rope
Oh I'm quite used to it. Ever since my friends, family, co-workers, strangers, etc have seen those pictures the jabs never stop haha I got out and I always leave prepared now haha. I've got a nice little recovery bag. I'm also hoping the new tire's wier foot print will make life a little easier in the soft stuff.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like a blast. Wish I could go, seems like i get weekend duty whenever something fun happens.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Onlystackmatic
Sounds like a blast. Wish I could go, seems like i get weekend duty whenever something fun happens.
You got staff duty???
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im in....plus 3, momma and the kids. I live about 30 min from the obx bridge and can meet up along the way or on the beach...

Just fyi, KMA jeep club is doing a beach ckean at carova/corolla on sept 17 I believe. Last year we picked up 2500lbs of trash.

Also, if ur looking for a labor day adventure.... My club is hosting a trail ride up at Oak Ridge Estates.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Marshall
Im in....plus 3, momma and the kids. I live about 30 min from the obx bridge and can meet up along the way or on the beach...

Just fyi, KMA jeep club is doing a beach ckean at carova/corolla on sept 17 I believe. Last year we picked up 2500lbs of trash.

Also, if ur looking for a labor day adventure.... My club is hosting a trail ride up at Oak Ridge Estates.
Was wondering when you were gonna respond.......
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ken-Rahaim
Thanks Battlefrog. Definitely interested (+1).
Indeed.... Gonna be a good time
Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oak Ridge is in Nelson County just outside of Charlottesville.... About 3.5 hours from hampton roads areas... If you or anyone wants more info on it send me a pm and ill give you my email.

It is open to everyone!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Marshall
Oak Ridge is in Nelson County just outside of Charlottesville.... About 3.5 hours from hampton roads areas... If you or anyone wants more info on it send me a pm and ill give you my email.

It is open to everyone!!!
Sounds like a future meetup......
Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might be in on this depending on work, so as of right now count me in. Actually going down there the weekend before also and I have heard if you take trash bags and pick up trash while down there the locals don't harass as much, don't have any experience, just what I have heard.

Quick Reply: Corolla beach 6/11