Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

is this good bye? no, just a new hello!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Alex, that sucks you have to sell. Good Luck I hope you can get more then you owe

sad so many people selling their jeeps lately
Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
what are you trying to get out of it?

i've been looking at picking up an 07 rubi auto. let me know

we talked... and you know... but that dealer is giving you one hell of a deal.

But good news, looks like i'm not completely out of the loop! a good friend of mine is being re-asigned to Japan for 3 years and is willing to sell me his 2003 Rubicon to me for $11,000. and that's with a CB, 2" OME lift, 31" tires (still new enough to have the fuzzy things on them), and a VAIR air system. oh, and it has a superwinch on the bumper. i think that is one hell of a deal!!! now i need to get a loan. anyone here work at a bank?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
we talked... and you know... but that dealer is giving you one hell of a deal.

But good news, looks like i'm not completely out of the loop! a good friend of mine is being re-asigned to Japan for 3 years and is willing to sell me his 2003 Rubicon to me for $11,000. and that's with a CB, 2" OME lift, 31" tires (still new enough to have the fuzzy things on them), and a VAIR air system. oh, and it has a superwinch on the bumper. i think that is one hell of a deal!!! now i need to get a loan. anyone here work at a bank?
Sorry to hear you are selling the JK, but that sounds like a decent deal on the '03 Rubi.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see you let it go Alex but definitely see you out on the trails still.

A suggestion on the paint. You mentioned repainting the whole thing. If it were me I would have the Jeep detailed and cleaned up real well. I only say that because if I was coming to look at your Jeep I'd figure out that the whole thing was repainted and I'd walk away from it. But that's just me.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alex, Sorry to hear about you selling your JK. Regardless of what you're driving I hope we get to wheel together one day. Stay in touch on the forum. Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alex!!!!...this is a bummer but believe me I do understand. Been there done that and
not fun. You will be back. Once a jeeper always a jeeper.......who is going to take the
wildlife pictures on the runs!!!!..I think Ian is right. I would only pay to have it detailed.
Cheaper for you and some people will walk away from a repainted vehicle just because....
Great deal on the 03 though I think....
Old 07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Hey - really sorry to hear you are in that position. That's tough. I would echo what usgaone said - you are making a good decision that will pay dividends down the road when you are more financially able. And, if you can swing it, finding an older TJ would be a great option.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

well... not that i'm in a hurry to sell my jeep, but i think i've found what i'm trading it in on. granted i can convince the dealer to go with this with my bad credit, i'll probably sign if they won't charge me an arm and a leg.

anyway, i might soon be a proud owner of a GMC Typhoon. I've wanted one of these since i was a kid in 92 and 93 but i was only 7 at the time. I think it'll be a good trade for me. it'll be a good daily driver and i'll have my sports car that i've been wanting.

and if i do go this route, my blazer will resume its path down the muddy side and i'll go ahead and put this 3" lift i've had laying around for over a year now on it and get me some 33's for it. and over time, keep adding and maybe someday soon, i'll do a SFA swap with a set of cherokee axles.

my other option which is just as tempting as the typhoon, is i found a 2006 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon for $14k. normally those run 20k or more. not sure what the deal is behind this one but i'm taking a drive out to see it this weekend.

also... i'm going to have a 2.5" TFBB on sale soon... anyone looking for a lift?

Quick Reply: is this good bye? no, just a new hello!