Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek Nov. 6th, come join Maryland's JK's.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rausch Creek Nov. 6th, come join Maryland's JK's.

All right guys seems to be enough interest in Nov. the 6th to go hit Rausch creek.
We are welcoming all jeeps so hit up your other clubs. I have never been up there so we are looking for a few trail leads, please post if 1) you are coming 2) if you are willing to be a trail lead 3) what level trail you are willing to do. Also if people want to do caravans please coordinate. I will be happy to call rausch and them know we are coming but please post up by wed. the 3rd. Also if you have never been there here is their site. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
They do have primitive camping but you'll want to make a reservation.
Bring a lunch as we will have a group meet and greet at 12 and maybe hit something after wheeling all day in the evening.
I will roll into rausch at 9 to meet everyone.

Trail leaders.

Coming.
1) cunnart

Last edited by Cunnart; 10-19-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

I would be interested in a caravan up. I'm in Frederick so we could meet some where around there for those of you coming up 70 and 270.
My suggestion would be the park and ride in Urbana. we would need to meet there about 6:30 to make it to rausch by 9.

I'm interested in green trails.

Last edited by Cunnart; 10-19-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cunnart
I would be interested in a caravan up. I'm in Frederick so we could meet some where around there for those of you coming up 70 and 270.
My suggestion would be the park and ride in Urbana. we would need to meet there about 6:30 to make it to rausch by 9.

I'm interested in green trails.
I'm in and will guide greens/blues. I am bringing two other jeeps as well. That makes 3 for greens/blues.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like Nov. 6th might be a go. Depending on how many are coming, we may need 2 groups. Groups of 8 are preferable.

Definate:

1. cunnart
2. Deton8dJK (guide)
3. Deton8dJK buddy
4. The Scientist
5. Danny4652

Maybe:
1. SteveDolce
2. ruppster
3. JKStell
4. jeffncs
5. 07BLUEJK
Old 10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm into running Greens and Blues. I've never been there but I'm assuming that fully locked on MTs can deal with the Blue trails? If anyone is going up 83 I can meet up with them to caravan.

Matt
Old 10-20-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

i'm in. i can tailgun the green/blue run. i don't know the trails enough to lead, but i do have a cb so i'd be happy to help in some way. i'll be shooting up 83 also. i'd have no problem meeting up for a caravan so just pick a spot to meet and let me know. i don't know if i will be staying the night or not, but if i do i'll be camping. call me cheap, but the hotel isn't worth the cost without a discount. esp if i'm not bringing a lady. plus this is the best time of year to camp, so hopefully i wont be the only one roughing it. now to get the jeep ready....
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

I'm fully stock including the sucky wrangler sr-a tires so it will be fun, no cb yet either. Are there enough trails in the green's to be able to do 2 days of wheeling? I saw the list of trails but I'm not sure how long each one takes.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
i'm in. i can tailgun the green/blue run. i don't know the trails enough to lead, but i do have a cb so i'd be happy to help in some way. i'll be shooting up 83 also. i'd have no problem meeting up for a caravan so just pick a spot to meet and let me know. i don't know if i will be staying the night or not, but if i do i'll be camping. call me cheap, but the hotel isn't worth the cost without a discount. esp if i'm not bringing a lady. plus this is the best time of year to camp, so hopefully i wont be the only one roughing it. now to get the jeep ready....
I will most likely be camping on Saturday night. I was considering Friday as well but I'm not familiar with the area or the setup at RC so I don't want to be going in there at dark and trying to figure it all out.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like Nov. 6th might be a go. Depending on how many are coming, we may need 2 groups. Groups of 8 are preferable.

Definate:

1. cunnart
2. Deton8dJK (guide)
3. Deton8dJK buddy
4. The Scientist
5. Danny4652
6. JCKnauer22
7. 07BLUEJK
8. 07BLUEJK buddy

Maybe:
1. SteveDolce
2. ruppster
3. JKStell
4. jeffncs

Last edited by Dozilla; 10-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cunnart
I'm fully stock including the sucky wrangler sr-a tires so it will be fun, no cb yet either. Are there enough trails in the green's to be able to do 2 days of wheeling? I saw the list of trails but I'm not sure how long each one takes.
Look at it like this, you travel only about 4 miles of trails in a 8hr day. I plan to only wheel Sat on the main property but for those of you who wanna wheel Sunday they opened another 1200 acres and I here the greens over there are rather easy. or you can wheel the rest of the greens on sunday from the main property. Cunnart, don't worry about those SR-A's. They will suprise the shit outta you. I've wheeled there twice in them. Also I have 2-way radio so I will have one along with the gunner. We won't leave you stranded.

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Nov. 6th, come join Maryland's JK's.