Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Vedotrip OBX

Old 08-21-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vedotrip OBX

I can only say you were all right! I was enamoured as soon as I crossed the Sound. Stayed in Kill Devil Hills on the ocean side. I wasn't there 15 minutes when the doors just suddenly "flew off," and the top panels followed . Shameless plug: the Die Tech mirror brackets I got were ROCK SOLID!! Joy, happiness....showed 'em off LOTS O' GOOD LOOKS. Sorry, the wife erased all the bracket specific pictures I took thinking "oh, we have better pictures than these" So, I'll try to post some later.
For a better, larger view, click on My.Project-JK gallery link under my name on the left of this post.

You can see the pax side mirror really well, as opposed to A-post mounted brackets. The position is only a hair lower than stock. Let me tell you, these things didn't budge! Cops were happy, and I could see!

Different views of the brackets mounted.

Some kid on the Ocracoke ferry tugged at his dad "Daddy, look, a HUMMER!" He said, "No, son, that's a jeep. Hummers can't take off their roofs and doors."

I got the Quadratech rear seat floor liners and bed liner, so sand wasn't a HUGE issue. Drove the beach at Ocracoke. Life was bueno till I went to Corolla, aired down, and then went to shift into 4Hi and found the GD transfer case shift handle freesliding. Any guesses as to what happened? Of course, the freakin' CHEEEEEZZZ peice of plastic knob/cap that holds the linkage to the transfer case shifter BROKE. Not an entirely new thing to hear of happening. It was a PITA in that I didn't find out until AFTER I had aired down, BUT.....at least I wasn't in the middle of the sand, stuck in 4LO or neutral. Outer Banks Jeep in Kitty Hawk was FABULOUS!! They had me in and out in under an hour and it was warranty work! And dernd-well should have been. I can't say enough how good the service manager she was and how well we were treated, and I was extremely thankful to say nothing of impressed!

Anyone ever heard of THIS place??

What else can I say?? Schemes and plans are being devised for the next trip back.

Vedo

Last edited by vedo13; 08-21-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks like you had a good time , thanks for the post , and pics , i love it down there , i didnt get to go this year , miss it
Old 08-24-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Sweeeeet!!!

We're on our way down to OBX ourselves this friday...we'll see what camping at Oregon Inlet is like, woohoo!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been down here in Avon since May. Where are all the JK forum sticker people? I look and look and see some bad ass rides. We need a JK meet and great here at the Banks!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

erk...no JK sticker yet...
But keep an eye out for the stock 4-door running topless and doorless! =)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Did you leave a JK sticker at Howard's?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Did you leave a JK sticker at Howard's?
No, but I saw a fire department patch from my department, Howard County Fire and Rescue, on the wall above the back door to go up onto the deck!! I don't have a JK sticker, but hopefully will have a decal on me JK very soon.

OH, yeah! Forget the veal, do the OYSTER SHOTS!! very bueno!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I'll be down at the OBX from this Friday the 4th till the 19th! Can't wait to go and thanks for posting some pics! I'll be in Corrolla the first week and @ Carova beach the 2nd, stop by if you see me and I'll buy you a brew!

Quick Reply: Vedotrip OBX