Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Germany /// AT /// CH

Old 07-24-2007, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Germany /// AT /// CH

Anybody in the Alps-Region here in the Forum??? Looking for people to go on weekendtrips in the mountains; planning on crossing the Alps to go to Cannes in October.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Wish I could take my JK to the Alps! You lucky dog!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Germany Trails?

I'm stationed here in Hohenburg and will be geting my JK some time in Nov. I haven't been able to find any trails around here but there has be something near Garmish (it would be a shame to waste all that land). If you know of anywhere to go spill the beans!

Eric
Old 04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floimnetz
Anybody in the Alps-Region here in the Forum??? Looking for people to go on weekendtrips in the mountains; planning on crossing the Alps to go to Cannes in October.
You know anywhere to wheel in the ALPS/Garmish area? Just wondering what was up there. I went on a hike one time there and got lost and there was a lot of good trails but it looked like they were all blocked off by gates.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eric.bragg
I'm stationed here in Hohenburg and will be geting my JK some time in Nov. I haven't been able to find any trails around here but there has be something near Garmish (it would be a shame to waste all that land). If you know of anywhere to go spill the beans!

Eric
all the land is owned by somebody (i dont mean public or state - that is germany)
Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon
You know anywhere to wheel in the ALPS/Garmish area? Just wondering what was up there. I went on a hike one time there and got lost and there was a lot of good trails but it looked like they were all blocked off by gates.
Ther are many legal old military roads in this book http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...epweltwrangler
the routes are from swizerland, Austria,France and Italy
Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4 schrottie
Ther are many legal old military roads in this book http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...epweltwrangler
the routes are from swizerland, Austria,France and Italy
Thanks for the info but I would need a translator for that book ha ha.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yellow08rubicon
Thanks for the info but I would need a translator for that book ha ha.
go to the local bar and order swie pils bitte, and get the barmaid to translate
Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

There is a thread on here somewhere within European Counties where I listed all the off road parks in Germany. Probably a good place to start.

Germany has a thing about driving off road. There are lots of nice trails through the woods and fields, but someone ususally ends up getting really upset with you if you are not a farm or logging vehicle with the appropriate permit in triplicate with orignial stamps and various other documentation explaining that you are allowed to be there. You can get lots of fines from trespassing to environmental damage. I wouldn't be surprised if they accused you of theft because you stole the dirt that kicked up and stuck to your vehicle. If you really want to run these trails, find the owner or person responsible and ask for permission first, or, your best bet is to go to one of the off road parks. Germany is a hard place to find a place to wheel. If you still can't resist, and need to get your Jeep dirty, just remember, the Germans have a fine for just about everything you can think of and some that you can't, so be careful.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floimnetz
I'm in Zurich, but I'm going to Moab in October. Send me a PM when you are planning another trip.

Quick Reply: Germany /// AT /// CH