Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Has anyone chipped or boosted their CRD?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone chipped or boosted their CRD?

Have any of you in the UK or Europe had any experience of chip upgrades or other diesel tuning for their CRD JK?

I'm considering a booster box from either Tunit or Steinbauer, but before I take the plunge it would be nice to get some real-world experience.

I'm not averse to having more elaborate stuff done - bigger intercooler, free-flow exhaust or even turbo/internal mods if it's of real benefit. What I don't want is to be the first to do it and have to iron out problems! I've had enough of that on previous projects

So, any advice gratefully received

Giles
Old 12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't look like many people are running them over here. My dealer recommended the spider diesel chip but didn't ask why he chose that one specifically. As usual I would recommend going to the aussie jeep forum as they have many more CRD's than over here.

Dom
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Martin Shaw-Frost has the Tunit chip and I'm soon going the same route. I think he only uses it for off-road but he's pretty happy with it. Drop him a note. Here's his member ID at j33p.org:

http://j33p.org/_club/rides_view.cfm?ride_id=87
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snowibex
Have any of you in the UK or Europe had any experience of chip upgrades or other diesel tuning for their CRD JK?

I'm considering a booster box from either Tunit or Steinbauer, but before I take the plunge it would be nice to get some real-world experience.

I'm not averse to having more elaborate stuff done - bigger intercooler, free-flow exhaust or even turbo/internal mods if it's of real benefit. What I don't want is to be the first to do it and have to iron out problems! I've had enough of that on previous projects

So, any advice gratefully received

Giles
OOOOhhh YES I have!! Had it remapped by a company in Norway (no box shit!) and it now produces 540Nm/215PS instead of 460NM/177ps stock. BIG difference in everything, esp. throttle response and the TORQUE overtaking in top gear!!!

The funny thing is that fuel consumption dropped from 1,15litres/10km (hgw brand new approx 21mpg) to 0,85 litres/10km (approx 28mpg) after tuning.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Odin
OOOOhhh YES I have!! Had it remapped by a company in Norway (no box shit!) and it now produces 540Nm/215PS instead of 460NM/177ps stock. BIG difference in everything, esp. throttle response and the TORQUE overtaking in top gear!!!

The funny thing is that fuel consumption dropped from 1,15litres/10km (hgw brand new approx 21mpg) to 0,85 litres/10km (approx 28mpg) after tuning.
Hi Odin,

I am very interested in your re-map!

Do you have any details of the company that did the work please?

It all sounds good - how long ago did you have it done and have there been any negative issues?

Thanks,

Giles
Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Hi Odin,

It all sounds good - how long ago did you have it done and have there been any negative issues?

Thanks,

Giles
x2
Old 03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Odin,

Thanks,

Giles
Hello again. These guys did it for me, but their site is in norwegian:http://www.tsracing.no/index.htm

Did it the same week I got the Jeep. No negative issues so far. Almost a year since I had it done. They re-programmed the software for the ECU, non-visible to the authorities.

Fuel consumption fell by 10-15% immediately, and power is great. Like a freight train with 538nm of torque (up from 460nm). Power up from 177PS to 215ps. All good! VERY GOOD!

Last edited by Odin; 03-02-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From my research the Tunit chip will do the same thing as the remap, covering all the same parameters and delivering the same figures but is also removable.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wrangler07
From my research the Tunit chip will do the same thing as the remap, covering all the same parameters and delivering the same figures but is also removable.
My local shop will also reset it to stock if needed, at no cost.
Price 7000NOk-approx 850 euros.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

does anyone have experience of the spider chip?

h**p://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/jeep-diesel-tuning.html

Quick Reply: Has anyone chipped or boosted their CRD?