Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Has anyone chipped or boosted their CRD?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, mine is having the Tunit Chip installed on Monday! Stay tuned, will report back!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

OK, all installed, tuned and tested. Stats:

BHP up from 177 to 203
Torque up from 302 lbs/ft to 332

The result in practice? Woah! Finally the CRD feels like I wanted it to from the start. The Tunit doesn't have a setting (it has 9 in all) that turns the JK into a monster but it just makes the engine sparkle nicely. Torque is well up and the power is delivered very nicely through the entire range of gears with 6th now feeling as responsive as 5th did prior to install. A slightly heavy foot on a right turn in second got the wheels spinning and got rid of the turn a wee bit quicker than normal. The CRD pulls like a tank before the torque increase but now it's seriously nuts! Overall I'm really pleased with it's on road performance and a little better fuel economy can't hurt, either. Will be fun to see how she goes off road.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great! Keep us updated on the sort of milage increase, if any, you get. How was the install? Did you just get it off the website?

Think all my parts should be arriving today!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
Sounds great! Keep us updated on the sort of milage increase, if any, you get. How was the install? Did you just get it off the website?

I had mine done at Surrey Offroad. That said, the install took just minutes. You take the main little box and attach it to the side of the engine bay. Plug it into the relevant socket and you're done. After that you just need to tidy up with some plastic ties. There are 9 settings on the box which you adjust using a small screwdriver. You'll want it straight on 9 for best effect but you can play around with the other settings if you want to get a feel for what they do. Really, the setup couldn't be simpler so you should be good to go within an hour. It's worth finding some good windy roads with some hills and also a stretch of motorway for testing. It takes a while before you truly appreciate what's happening but you will. Let us know how you get on!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wrangler07
I had mine done at Surrey Offroad. That said, the install took just minutes. You take the main little box and attach it to the side of the engine bay. Plug it into the relevant socket and you're done. After that you just need to tidy up with some plastic ties. There are 9 settings on the box which you adjust using a small screwdriver. You'll want it straight on 9 for best effect but you can play around with the other settings if you want to get a feel for what they do. Really, the setup couldn't be simpler so you should be good to go within an hour. It's worth finding some good windy roads with some hills and also a stretch of motorway for testing. It takes a while before you truly appreciate what's happening but you will. Let us know how you get on!
Yeah do some more testing and report back please.
I'll be interested in that for sure.
Also whats the cost ?

RLT
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

A performance chip with the AEV lift, the 4.10 and 35's all sounds good to me
Stuff to look forward to in a years time when my warranty runs out.
Soon as you get your stuff installed, require full continuous reports please as to ride etc.
(Also hope that tire carrier install goes smoothly for you.)

RLT
Old 05-24-2011, 11:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RLT
Yeah do some more testing and report back please.
I'll be interested in that for sure.
Also whats the cost ?

RLT
These are one of best out there and aren't cheap. Mine was £516 incl VAT.

The advantage with these is they work in the same way as a re-map, changing all the necessary parameters within the engine for best performance without worry of engine damage. Where they win over the re-map is when you want to return the vehicle to stock for whatever reason you simply unplug it and you're done.

Last edited by wrangler07; 05-24-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Did your's arrive OK?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrangler07
These are one of best out there and aren't cheap. Mine was £516 incl VAT.

The advantage with these is they work in the same way as a re-map, changing all the necessary parameters within the engine for best performance without worry of engine damage. Where they win over the re-map is when you want to return the vehicle to stock for whatever reason you simply unplug it and you're done.
Sounds all good. £500 is affordable for better performance.
Report back please with your thoughts once you've given it a good month's try out.
An AEV lift and the chip sounds like an ideal safe combo when my warranty runs out in a year. Just got to make my mind up on rims & tyres by then.

RLT
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RLT
Sounds all good. £500 is affordable for better performance.
Report back please with your thoughts once you've given it a good month's try out.
An AEV lift and the chip sounds like an ideal safe combo when my warranty runs out in a year. Just got to make my mind up on rims & tyres by then.

RLT
You can chip it before the warranty runs out. If you need to take it in to the dealer just unplug it and remove it. Takes 2 mins!

Quick Reply: Has anyone chipped or boosted their CRD?