Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

No permission???!!!

Old 05-25-2016, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So jk-forum was SOLD and is now under new management?
Old 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
So jk-forum was SOLD and is now under new management?
Yes, if you are referring to the purchase by Internet Brands in late 2011 or early 2012. I'm not sure of the exact date.

Bob
Old 05-25-2016, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Yes, if you are referring to the purchase by Internet Brands in late 2011 or early 2012. I'm not sure of the exact date.

Bob
Kinda confused if this was a while ago, why all of a sudden not supporting the jk-forum app?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the answer I recieved is:

•Replace JKForum app with GarageTalk.
•IB is not actively looking to sell JKForum.
•Still awaiting approval for further support of JK app
•use both GT and JK app.

The main question of WHY dropping support for JK app is still not answered. Sorry if this offends but from a business point of view my opinion has merit. Calling it baseless without reasons otherwise is questionable.

My only point I'm trying to convey is to keep the JK App going and current.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Unfortunately I don't think that will happen for the reasons discussed below.

I'm not offended and do not miss the point, I hope, that if you didn't care about the JK Forum community you would have simply moved on. I've answered all your questions listed in your 'Bull et' list which are all true with the exception of #3, the techs are trouble shooting the two JK Forum app bugs probably as time permits as discussed below. Your point concerning JK Forum brand is understood, also there are sound engineering and support reasons to pick one app going forward to meet our members #1 expectation of a mobile app that works. There was/is a great deal of self inflicted confusion by having two IB mobile apps for JK Forum, one named JK Forum. In my opinion, going forward, it does not make sense to maintain two mobile apps and since Garage Talk V2, most importantly, has been designed from the ground up to accommodate future VB enhancements that will be coming our way it would be my choice. Also, as you have pointed out the JK Forum app has a single purpose while GTV2 will work with many IB communities.

As of today there has not been any announcement to officially stop support for the JK Forum Mobile App. Concerning the current errors on the JK Forum mobile App, IB is having the VBulletin techs look at our VB version to see if it that is causing bugs and the app developers to check their end. I assume the focus for the app techs is rolling out Garage Talk V2 which corrects many of the bugs on V1, so far there has been no update concerning a firm roll out date.

We are all in the same boat concerning mobile app access and as soon as I have information for either bug resolution on the JK Forum mobile app or Garage Talk V2 available to take for a spin I will post here. If a pre-release becomes available for GTv2 I will invite members who have participated in this discussion to take a look. Thank you.

For everyone, please have a safe and fun Holiday!*

Bob

*https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/anno...al-day-275872/
Old 05-26-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

As of last night not only can I set my sold items in the thread tools to SOLD but I can view my profile. So whatever happened has now been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 05-26-2016, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see mine as well. THANK YOU STAFF!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blamb0830
I can see mine as well. THANK YOU STAFF!
Ditto, thanks for making it work again!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for pointing the threads to the correct database links making the app work as it was designed. I have been following JK Forums since I purchased my Jeep in May 2007(though I didn't join till later). I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a special unique app experience for such a unique vehicle. Although having one app, GT, doing it all, makes for easier support: I would much rather have a stand alone app for a one of a kind jeep.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you so much for the fix!!!!!

Quick Reply: No permission???!!!