Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

For Sale Forum - Why can't I post in it?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meljr
A post count of fifty is required and it could take a little time after you reach 50 for the system to upgrade your status (not long, be patient).

-meljr
Now i see why it wont work!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 AM
muscles 23

Default cant post for sale

why cant I make a thread to sell some tires and wheels?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

post count requirement. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can sell.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by muscles 23
why cant I make a thread to sell some tires and wheels?
Originally Posted by 07JKX
post count requirement. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can sell.
What 07JKX said. Please see the FAQ.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default Listing Items for Sale

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how long you have to be a member and/or how many posts you have to have in order to list items for sale? I have a few items to list but everytime I go to post something I get a message that pops up to tell me that I don't have permission to list an item as I don't have enough posts, etc.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulW
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how long you have to be a member and/or how many posts you have to have in order to list items for sale? I have a few items to list but everytime I go to post something I get a message that pops up to tell me that I don't have permission to list an item as I don't have enough posts, etc.

Thanks,
Paul
You need to have 50 posts in order to sell something. It's setup this way to keep down the fly by night scam artists.

Join in the discussions whenever you can, and you'll have 50 in no time.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by guruman
You need to have 50 posts in order to sell something. It's setup this way to keep down the fly by night scam artists.

Join in the discussions whenever you can, and you'll have 50 in no time.
Oh, ok. That kinda sucks. I've been a member for over 3 years but don't post much. Just read and learn. There should be some kind of lenght of membership rule too that such that it should be 50 posts or 1 year of membership, whichever comes first and then you can list something. A scammer could just put up 50 posts over a month or two and then go to work. I think the 50 posts is just plain random. So, I guess I'll just start adding my 2 cents to everything without adding any value till I'm up to 50 posts. I get anoyed when I see random posts that are off topic or snide and don't add any value to the thread but now I see why and I'm about to become one of the offenders. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:09 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the 50 posts creates a record that helps members determine whether or not you might be a ligitmate seller. time alone will not do this. if you just start adding your 2 cents to everything without adding any value, members will be able to see this by doing a simple search of your post history and based on it, can decide if they still want to buy from you. also, i should clarify that abusive post padding is not allowed:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/faq....aq#faq_padding

Quick Reply: For Sale Forum - Why can't I post in it?