Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

free beer

Old 05-22-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free beer/ badlands wheeling may 29th, 30th

ok guys i am looking to go wheeling and camping on memorial day weekend ( fri sat sun). i have about 6 or 7 cases of beer left from my wedding and would like to get it all used up lol. i am thinking of going up to the badlands, redbird or interlake. would like to see who would be willing to go and were we should camp at (must be able to park my 40ft fifth wheel there). i am looking for some place close to me because i will be bringing the toyhauler to stay in and carry all the food and beer. my wife will drive the jeep for me to the camp grounds. if there is a trip planned already let me know i might be down if its close enough. i thought there was one planned to interlake but could not find it. anyway the beer is free till it runs out as long as your of age. i have budlight, killians, and a few other brands but who cares its free lol.

post up were you want to go and what days you would be there.

badlands trip for may 29th and 30th

camping at charlarose lake and campgrounds

THE CB CHANNEL WILL BE 13 (or 14 if 13 is used)

Friday night camping

cody
warpedguy77 plus two more jeeps coming with
brown atv (friend of mine)

saturday wheeling

cody
natburis?
warpedguy77 plus two more jeeps
brown atv
jake blue

sun wheeling

cody
natburis
warpedguy77 plus two more jeeps
brown atv
jake blue

monday

there may be a few of us wheel this day as well.

Last edited by codysanders; 05-26-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe... rich how bout it?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh yeah, i think there is a jeep run planned at interlake. seems like i read about it on the jp frog forum????
Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't make this one. Getting ready to go to Arizona in a couple weeks. Gotta save up...For a passport!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for where ever! I'll probably be bringing a couple more rigs with too. I know we only saw a hand full of trails at redbird this spring. I'd be down for more exploring there... or anywhere else whether it be interlake or where ever!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

cody, i don't think there is any camping at interlake... check out the jp frog forum. i'd like to go redbird again. i really liked that place. i may have to work saturday though. i'd be up for going there or badlands on sunday or maybe saturday if not working... but, hey... YOU are bringing the beer, so up to you
Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

redbird or the badlands is what i am leaning towards. redbird is close to my house so that me be a little easier anyway for me. i don't think we saw half of it last time and hopefully it will dry out some.

scott, warlock, jbuckles , you going to go?

would be nice to have one or two groups of about 5 or 6 jeeps.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

So I was perusing the redbird website forum and came across this......

Memorial Day weekend night ride and camp out
Dont' forget the night ride and camp out over Memorial Day weekend. it all starts on Saturday May 29th at 9am and goes till Monday May 31st at 8pm. be sure to come out and ride the trails at night and camp under the stars. It will be primitive camping on a first come first serve basis. Be prepared to pack out what you pack in, no trash containers on site. All fires must be off the ground too.

I'm thinking a night ride could be a lot of fun... I'm not sure about staying in the park though. Has anyone found any place to camp in this neck of the woods?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

What's the fun in watching a bunch of cars go around an oval track for a few hours? I'd rather be wheelin but that's just me. Not tryin to poke fun but I've never really seen the fun in that
Old 05-24-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
What's the fun in watching a bunch of cars go around an oval track for a few hours? I'd rather be wheelin but that's just me. Not tryin to poke fun but I've never really seen the fun in that
have you ever been to the 500???? GOOD STUFF!!! the smell of the tires, the feeling of indianapolis motor speedway, the sound of the baddest machines on earth... i get excited just thinking of it. plus, what other day is it ok to eat fried chicken and drink beer from sun rise to sunset? i'd love to be going this year, but my jeep seems to be taking all my money?
INDY 500

Last edited by natburris; 05-24-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: free beer