Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Jeep Jamboree

Old 08-18-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Jamboree

Anybody do one of these? I am considering the one in Indiana this year at French Lick. Didn't know what to expect or if it was something i should consider. Thanks for the input in advance.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

All I can think of right now are Pitino jokes...
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the Jeeper's Jamboree at the Rubicon this summer and would give it a resounding .

Highly reccomended trip, and if the Jeep Jamboree is anything like it's older brother, it should be fun too.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I've never been to a Jeep Jamboree. I have relatives in Bloomington and might consider going in the future. Please keep us posted on what it is like if you should decide to go.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's another thread to read up on.

Jeep Jamboree Should I go?

If its your first JJ, definitely make the trip at least once. My kids, and I had a great time in our first JJ at Drummond Island-organized, great trail guides, lasting friendship with other jeepers, and scenic trails. Link below are some pics of the trip.

2009 Jeep Jamboree-Drummond Island

If you decide to go, let us know how it goes. Please post pics .
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cyruspura
I did the Jeeper's Jamboree at the Rubicon this summer and would give it a resounding .

Highly reccomended trip, and if the Jeep Jamboree is anything like it's older brother, it should be fun too.

X2, I did the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon and from what I know, Jeepers Jamboree is ran very similar to the Nation wide "Jeep" Jamboree.
I give it a thumbs up.

...I am going to move this to the Great Lakes staging area, I think you might get more specific response in regards to that Jamboree
Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
wdw
JK Enthusiast

I have been to the Jamboree in French Lick two times. It was a lot better than Drummond Island in my opion.

You go out on the trail in the morning than back to the barn for lunch. Back on the trail till supper. The food is good also. It is up hills and down. The Little Rubicon Trail, Randys Ravine, and Turtle Creek are the trails were body damage MIGHT happen.

The trail guide are members of The Fat Boys Jeep Club. All of them are great.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool JJ Considerations

I am a big fan of JJs and have done at least one a year since 1999.
- Cost: French Lick runs $250 per adult and $125 for teens & tweens. You also have to pay for your motel or campground accommodations. Friday and Saturday your meals are included. Then there is gas and possible trail damage repairs, but from what I can see, there is a good choice of easier trails so that won't be a consideration.
- The experience: JJs are a family oriented activity. Depending on the age of your children they can have a fantastic time, or sleep through the whole thing.
I have had grandchildren in my Jeep ranging in age from six months to six years. It all starts to make sense to them at about five years old and they start paying attention. ALSO, there will be other kids on the JJ with you and they are quick to make friends which is fun at meal times when they tent to run in packs like young animals, in a good way.
- Trail time: The guides are all from local Jeep clubs and are excellent. They will provide local history and geography lessons as you run the trails and if you follow their spotting instructions, you should have no problems and suffer no damage.
- Recommendation: Based on my experiences at JJs, I would encourage all Jeepers, who can afford to participate, to attend at least one JJ as part of the total Jeep experience. You will find folks of all ages and from all economic backgrounds at a JJ. The one thing they all have in common is their love of Jeeps and the Jeep life style. I think you will enjoy the experience if you go to increase you knowledge of Jeeps and driving techniques and to meet interesting fellow Jeepers.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Fred
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

I just want to say thank you for everybody that gave an opinion on the jeep jamboree. I'm pretty sure i'll be signing up for this years at french lick. Haven't been wheeling in a while and this seems like it would be a good experience. If anybody else on here is going to attend let me know. Thanks again peoples.

Quick Reply: Jeep Jamboree