Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Windrock / Coal Creek Trail Ride July 31- August 1

Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final check on the rig tomorrow. Cabin reserved, oil changed....anyone bringing there dog? I was thinking of leaving mine at the neighbors house.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shoup
Final check on the rig tomorrow. Cabin reserved, oil changed....anyone bringing there dog? I was thinking of leaving mine at the neighbors house.
I am still debating. My dog will be there at my in-laws with us, but don't know if I will bring her to the park.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

The only thing is that my ghetto mutt must remember the ghetto i found her in because she don't leave my side. So that's why i wouldn't be to worried about brining her
Old 07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

Well, a little twist of fate. My wife's grandma died tonight and lives in Knoxville, TN. There is a good chance one of the weekend days will be designated for the funeral. Unfortunately, I sort of have to be there, but I am still going to try my damnedest to make it to the park. It might have to be for the first day or second day only--right now it is all up in the air. My wife really feels bad because she knows how much I am looking forward to the trip, but there isn't any stopping life as it happens and expires. Anyways, I will know more in the next few days and post an update to my plans. It's a bummer all the way around.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburgette
Well, a little twist of fate. My wife's grandma died tonight and lives in Knoxville, TN. There is a good chance one of the weekend days will be designated for the funeral. Unfortunately, I sort of have to be there, but I am still going to try my damnedest to make it to the park. It might have to be for the first day or second day only--right now it is all up in the air. My wife really feels bad because she knows how much I am looking forward to the trip, but there isn't any stopping life as it happens and expires. Anyways, I will know more in the next few days and post an update to my plans. It's a bummer all the way around.
DUDE! I'm real sorry for you're families loss... I hope you're family finds peace and comfort knowing you're wife's grandma is with the good Lord now...

And as I have said before..... Family always comes first!!! Period!!!! we will just have to play around the funeral plans...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dex1
DUDE! I'm real sorry for you're families loss... I hope you're family finds peace and comfort knowing you're wife's grandma is with the good Lord now...

And as I have said before..... Family always comes first!!! Period!!!! we will just have to play around the funeral plans...
Yeah, it is a little convenient that is in the same area of TN though. Thanks Dex! She's been pretty sick the last year or so. This wasn't terribly unexpected.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Derek,

Sorry to hear about the bad news, but I agree with Dex.

Family always comes first, just do whatever you need to do to support them.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know we will be in the area if you need anything. Take care of fmily and come see us if you can.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks guys! Her family has been expecting it for awhile now. I just have a bunch of selfish feelings about not getting to do what I want do. I guess I will just roll with the punches and try not to be too selfish this weekend, but I still plan on coming out at some point. I imagine I will know more about funeral details today.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dex1

I agree w/Dex1 also. Take care of family needs first. Very sorry to hear about your loss, Derek. The trails will wait if necessary.

Quick Reply: Windrock / Coal Creek Trail Ride July 31- August 1