Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

conceal carry etiquette - cops help here

Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on getting my CCW soon so I can carry in the jeep without issues, but one thing you want to remember is that a CCW issued in one state may or may not be recognized in other states....so if you are travelling and get pulled over, you might run into a snag....probably not an issue most of the time if you are "just passing through", or camping or whatnot.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdamH
That is EXACTLY how my instructor told us to handle the situation and I have done it 2 times in the 9 years I have carried. Both times the troopers thanked me for handling it the right way.
Yup. Exactly. Texas requires us to show our CHL, but I always do the procedure above except roll windows down and pull wayyyyy over to keep the officer out of traffic danger. I verbalize that I have a CHL and whether I am carrying and where it is.

They are put at ease knowing they are dealing with a good person instead of the scum they have to deal with every day.

Besides - (not that you would) Why would you want to hide the fact of carrying besides just having a large ego and to prove something. Always inform the officer everything. You have nothing to hide.

They generally just hand it back and say. Thanks. I don't need this. Run my license and tell me to have a nice day. Rarely a ticket given.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Default road trip?

OK... so me and my family are taking a road trip to Texas from California...
to the family farm/ranch... where we usually do some target shooting and come across some LARGE Texas rattle snakes and so on...

me and the wife both have 9mm pistols (legal owners).. but no CCP.

What is the best way to transporting our pistols?

normally...
I usually travel with mine unloaded, but somewhat accessable, in a soft side case, behind the back seat, not hidden, just between our luggage.
and have a loaded mag in the center console.

so... if i were to be pulled over for say a routine DUI checkpoint... or for driving a little fast...

whats should i do or say to the officer..? or how/where should the weapons be kept..?

I've been in the Military for 21 years (wife was also in the service..) and we have seen some messed up stuff in our travels around the world, so i just want to see what Law Enforcement folks would think...???

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it is unloaded and in a case there is no need to bring it up. If he asks, and you are not in NY, NJ, Mass tell him the truth.

And, in your travels, remember, a SINGLE hollow point bullet(no gun necessary), in your possession, in New Jersey is a felony.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedrockX
....whats should i do or say to the officer..?
Thanks.
You should not do anything to the officer!.........unless he starts it, then it's time for your best Mozambique Drill, and a prayer.

That's a joke Officers.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear
if it is unloaded and in a case there is no need to bring it up. If he asks, and you are not in NY, NJ, Mass tell him the truth.

And, in your travels, remember, a SINGLE hollow point bullet(no gun necessary), in your possession, in New Jersey is a felony.
cool enough...
and thanks for the tip on NJ... Hopefully i wont be back up that way...
(no offense, just toooo cold) i'll be staying on a more southern lattitude.

and i guess i better leave my "pre-ban" AR15 at the ranch...
dang California laws...
Old 06-10-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always point mine at the cop when he gets up to my window, then I scream Moogley-Boogley at the top of my lungs and drive off.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I always point mine at the cop when he gets up to my window, then I scream Moogley-Boogley at the top of my lungs and drive off.
then he unloads a clip into ur jeep.....btw i know u were joking
Old 10-18-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

link died, nvm.

Last edited by Ivanko; 10-18-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Be polite and inform. You dont have to kiss their ass though.

Quick Reply: conceal carry etiquette - cops help here