Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

SpringField XD

Old 07-22-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank's guys for all your imput...I got a Smoking deal on the XD 9...I picked it yesterday and headed to the range...

I have to tell you I'm a died in the wool Sig guy...I went and put 100 rds down range just to get a feel of this XD....All I can say is WOW.. The trigger was nice and crisp, recoil was minimal and its accurate. Ad to that the 16 + 1 capacity and you have a winner.
My last department did alot of testing with this gun and it came out as the clear winner..

They submerged the gun in mud, sand, and water. Then tossed it around in the dirt and grass. Then thru the process fired 1200 rds. The gun was flawless in all the testing..Several of the testers went and bought one..
Old 10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ifshinxs
Thank's guys for all your imput...I got a Smoking deal on the XD 9...I picked it yesterday and headed to the range...

I have to tell you I'm a died in the wool Sig guy...I went and put 100 rds down range just to get a feel of this XD....All I can say is WOW.. The trigger was nice and crisp, recoil was minimal and its accurate. Ad to that the 16 + 1 capacity and you have a winner.
My last department did alot of testing with this gun and it came out as the clear winner..

They submerged the gun in mud, sand, and water. Then tossed it around in the dirt and grass. Then thru the process fired 1200 rds. The gun was flawless in all the testing..Several of the testers went and bought one..
Congrats. I had an XD .40 for a few years and LOVED it. I traded it for a Glock so that I could go to a school for Glock Armorers (didn't own one then) and have had the G 17 since, but I miss my XD... The main thing the Glock has is ease of customization and CHEAP parts. Plenty of doo dads to put in yourself, whereas the XD is a little light in the aftermarket area and I have never had one ALL the way apart (all pins, springs, etc)
BUT the XD feels better, fits most hands better, and seems to shoot just as well if not better. Plus it was developed in Croatia, (great place now that the whole "genocide" thing is over)...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vtxrecruiter
Congrats. I had an XD .40 for a few years and LOVED it. I traded it for a Glock so that I could go to a school for Glock Armorers (didn't own one then) and have had the G 17 since, but I miss my XD... The main thing the Glock has is ease of customization and CHEAP parts. Plenty of doo dads to put in yourself, whereas the XD is a little light in the aftermarket area and I have never had one ALL the way apart (all pins, springs, etc)
BUT the XD feels better, fits most hands better, and seems to shoot just as well if not better. Plus it was developed in Croatia, (great place now that the whole "genocide" thing is over)...
I carry an XD-40. Great gun. You are right about the Glocks. The parts availability and not being model specific is great about Glocks. I will own a Glock one day.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an XDM 9 and an XD 9 compact, they are both super reliable and accurate. The XDM is a notch above the XD, better trigger, more accurate. We love our Springfields.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi

I went with the Ruger Redhawk. 4" in 45 Colt. With the Buffalo Bore rounds it's a bigger slug and hits harder than a 44 mag. I've got the 4 legged critters I have to look out for up here....lol

Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've owned a XD 45 now four years. Had a trigger kit installed, a internal laser and glow in the dark sights. I love mine and now it really shoots great. We take it with us whenever we leave the house.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I conceal carry my xd 40 quite often. There a great gun.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

For any one cocidering a XD ... you can't go wrong, I love mine
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

I work at Bass Pro... and if your not buying a glock, it better be a XD. i would't buy anything else..no FN, no H+K
Old 01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Country
I work at Bass Pro... and if your not buying a glock, it better be a XD. i would't buy anything else..no FN, no H+K
I don't know about the whole no H&K, my roommate has a HK45 that I've shot and taken apart plenty of times and it's a very nice, smooth functioning pistol that's also reliable. I have a XD40 subcompact and I bought it to be a concealed carry weapon but like someone else mentioned earlier I find it rather wide for it to be worn on the hip, not too bad in a inside the pants holster, but I'm not a fan of those. I plan on getting a slimmer pistol when I get then chance. I still love my Kimber Desert Warrior most of all though.

Quick Reply: SpringField XD