Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

Really? Renegade Trailhawk Is the Only Jeep You Need?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:32 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really? Renegade Trailhawk Is the Only Jeep You Need?

The idea that someone could suggest that the more trail-focused Renegade is all the Jeep you need is likely baffling to most diehard Jeep fans.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Free box of tampons included with every purchase... Tired of seeing videos too of that stupid thing on three wheels because of it going over a small bump.

Last edited by robsjeep9; 04-12-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lmao guess the guy at the dealership will try to tell me that next time I get an oil change. He kept tellin me the Cherokee trailhawk would do anything my rubicon would. I laughed. A lot
Old 04-12-2016, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Hahahaha! Ha! Ha!

I call bullshit!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-12-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2013 JKUR with 20000 miles with a 3.5 inch lift, 35" tires. Its in the shop for water corrosion problems. First it was the water pump that was bad than I was told it need a new radiator and heater core. When they where replacing the parts they a bolt on the master cylinder was brock off, so its still in the shop. I had to go the N.C. so I rented one of these so called jeep Renegades.. What a JOKE No power, rides rougher than my jeep I felt every little bump in the road. All I can say is JUNK. Just my two cents.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO Another sad badge engineering exercise to exploit the Jeep brand and to help with CAFE requirements

While better that the Patriot or Compass, which is not saying much, end of the day it is still based on a friggin Fiat 500L. I think Fiat is now also making a 500x with AWD. Why do they need both? I guess there will always be people out there who will buy rebadged Cars. Consider the Cadillac Cimmaron. Over 130k of those somehow got sold during its 7 year run.

Wishful thinking... Maybe if FCA can sell a lot more Renegades and their CAFE will be so high they can start building Hemi JKs LOL
Old 04-13-2016, 03:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
Lmao guess the guy at the dealership will try to tell me that next time I get an oil change. He kept tellin me the Cherokee trailhawk would do anything my rubicon would. I laughed. A lot
As an owner of a 2014 Wrangler Willys and a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 with the max tow package, I can attest to the fact that the Cherokee is a Jeep branded car, not a Jeep. I'm okay with that, as I purchased it for use as a car. It gets 22 mpg going to work and back on secondary roads, around 25 mpg on the highway. It rides nice, has a great radio, is quiet and I enjoy the looks. The front seats suck, I'd rather have the Wrangler seats.

I've tried to take it off road on very mild trails and it's pretty much worthless in my area where you have sharp inclines and declines, my front bumper is all gouged up from trying. It's a great daily driver, works fantastic on snow covered roads and hauls the family around like a champ. In my opinion, that is what it is supposed to do. The Wrangler is a hammer. The Trailhawk is not.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Free box of tampons included with every purchase... Tired of seeing videos too of that stupid thing on three wheels because of it going over a small bump.
LOL. Spot on, bro.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:33 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
As an owner of a 2014 Wrangler Willys and a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 with the max tow package, I can attest to the fact that the Cherokee is a Jeep branded car, not a Jeep. I'm okay with that, as I purchased it for use as a car. It gets 22 mpg going to work and back on secondary roads, around 25 mpg on the highway. It rides nice, has a great radio, is quiet and I enjoy the looks. The front seats suck, I'd rather have the Wrangler seats.

I've tried to take it off road on very mild trails and it's pretty much worthless in my area where you have sharp inclines and declines, my front bumper is all gouged up from trying. It's a great daily driver, works fantastic on snow covered roads and hauls the family around like a champ. In my opinion, that is what it is supposed to do. The Wrangler is a hammer. The Trailhawk is not.

Our garage is equipped the same as Larry007's. We use our TH for fire roading and our city car. Our JK is our off road, rock krawler and exploration vehicle.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and my wife own a Jeep Renegade and for what it is, it performs fine for my Wife's daily drive, etc...

We have had no issues with it so far and it has maybe a little over 5000 miles on it.

Gets pretty good gas mileage and we have took it on couple 8+ hour trips so far. It is a little on the small side and can be little cramped with a car seat in the back for the front passanger, but doable.

Now....

It is no Jeep Wrangler Rubicon... by no means. But for commuting around town and trips it does just fine.

Hell, ours even came with a huge Yellow Banana!!!!

Last edited by Extremneon; 04-13-2016 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Really? Renegade Trailhawk Is the Only Jeep You Need?